- Take a Guatemalan cooking class in Antigua
- Learn to make some of Guatemala's staple foods, including tamales and desserts, such as camote en dulce, from your professional chef
- Enjoy your own homemade Guatemalan meal for lunch!
- Bring home recipes from the tour so you can continue cooking Guatemalan food at home
- Complimentary hotel pickup and drop-off
What You Can Expect
After pickup from your Guatemala City hotel, head to your Guatemalan cooking class in Antigua After a brief kitchen safety overview, your expert chef will start by teaching you about the Spanish and Mayan cultural influences on Guatemalan flavors. Learn about the staple ingredients and foods used by natives, including corn, peppers and beans. For your own meal, you’ll get to prepare one main dish, such as hilachas, two side dishes and one dessert, including camote en dulce or mole de plátanos.
As you create your meal, the chef will be there to offer helpful guidance. Once you’re done, it’s time to enjoy your home-cooked lunch! After you savor your traditional Guatemalan meal and dessert, you’ll be transported back to your Guatemala City hotel.