Read what other Viator.com travelers think about the Li River Cruise Full Day Tour of Guilin and Yangshuo. What they loved, what they liked and what they think could be improved, it's all here to help you make the most of your next trip.
Gary was a fabulous guide. He was friendly, informative and funny. Gary's English was very good. I would highly recommend.
The boat trip on the Li River is maybe the best activity in Guilin. If the weather is good, the view is amazing. The boat ride takes all the morning. In the afternoon you will visit Yangshuo. Remember that if you decide not to take part in any of the optional activities, you'll have to stay in Yangshuo for 4 hours. However, this is not a big problem. In Yangshuo you can do some shopping or relax in some pub.
Wow! Guilin is amazing. You must do this tour in Guilin. We were on the boat for about 3 hours. When we first boarded it was raining and we were seated at tables downstairs. We were not too keen on this and ventured upstairs to find it had stopped raining. We stood on the upper deck for the whole three hours and did not once get tired of the magnificent views. From small bamboo rafts latching on to our boat to try and sell fruit to the beautiful mountain scenery, this was like floating in a dream. Yangshuo was full of little market type stalls all selling the same things, so we decided to do the optional tour. We are so glad we did. We went to a village and sat on a water buffalo, got to watch the cormorants dive for fish, hold the bamboo stick the cormorants were on and visit the Shangri La village. We would strongly recommend doing the optional tour which was RMB200 each. Don't know what we would have done waiting in Yangshuo for four hours. On the way back to our hotel our guide told us the Shangri La Hotel we were staying at was a bit far out for the large coach to drive to, so she got off the bus with us in the town and put us in a taxi to our hotel and the company paid for it. We thought this was incredible customer care.
the tour was really interesting and well organized.Pick up was on time and the guide really professional. The only things the tour was bilingual (Chinese and English) and not just English.
A great day out. It was a bit of a surprise when they told us that we'd have to fork out more cash to partake in the afternoon's activities, but we did and had a great time.
No shopping stops either, outstanding!
The tour was great. Everything was well organized. They gave us the opportunity to book an extra tour for 25 euros which was well worth it.
The river cruise was very enjoyable and got to take great pictures of the beautiful landscape. The optional cruise on the bamboo raft was fun too!
Mavis Chi Lai H
The Li River Cruise is lovely and Yangshuo is so beautiful with breath-taking scenery. It is definately underrated and undeservedly placed in the shadow of the more famous Guilin. My big criticism was that this is a full day tour yet when we arrived in Yangshuo, we were only given 1 hour to browse round or we had to pay extra for activities to fill the afternoon. This is extremeley cheeky bearing in mind the amount of money we had already spent on the trip. Because we chose not to pay extra, our tour was cut short and we were taken home earlier. I thought that was terrible.
This was the first day of 3 in Guilin, and it definitely set the tone. We loved the cruise, our tour guide who was both hilarious and knowledgeable, and the visit to Yangshuo. Even the bus rides had great views. You will stand in awe the entire day. This day alone made us fall in love with Guilin. Seeing the exact view that's on the 20 Yuan was surreal. I couldn't say enough about this trip. If you get a chance to take a country tour while in Yangshuo, I recommend it.
I was very impressed with the Li River Tour in Guilin. It was well organised and we had a very good tour guide by the name of Susie.
I like all Viator tours as they ensure pick up from the Hotel and return to the Hotel.
This is now my fourth tour taken with Viator and if I return to China I will always tour with Viator.
The tour was very very nice and Alan the tour guide was very kind and helpful.. The bamboo raft cruise on the river was amazing
I would recommend this tour to those who wish to see the Li River landscape between Guilin and Yangshuo, and who want to see Yangshuo in a day.
* Hotel pick up/drop off service was fab
* Li River landscape is unique and picturesque
* Yangshuo was nice to see (markets and laneway bars/cafes a-plenty)
* Extra 2hr tour of Yaoshan Village was worth the 150¥ each (decide and pay cash during cruise) and also gave us extra time to look around Yangshuo markets.
* Fed and sat on a Water Buffalo, watched a Cormorant Fishing display, bamboo raft trip down the river - all great photo ops!
* Facilities and lunch were basic - boat was old and a bit grubby, nowhere to sit whist up on deck, and toilets were a mess within 30mins.
* The cruise is long and after a while a little repetitive, but that is simply the distance between departure and Yangshuo.
* Take a poncho - rain and no protection could ruin your day.
* Participate in the extra tour.
* Beware of sneaky bones and fat in the meat dishes for lunch...very Chinese :P
* Take some snacks with you!
* Our hotel pick-up time wasn't confirmed until 8:55pm the night before our tour when the tour guide rang our hotel room. I was starting to stress out a little, but it would seem this is common.
* Go to the toilet in the first 30mins of cruising - after this the uni-sex toilets (not squat) become a frightful mess.
* Haggle at the Yangshuo markets. If they start at 400¥, go to 80¥ and move slowly upwards. Don't pay more than 50% of their starting price!
* If the lunch on the boat left you hungry - there are HUNDREDS of food outlets (including cafes, bars, McDs and KFC on West Street in Yangshuo)
* Expect a long day. Left hotel in Guilin at 8:15am, and got back at 6:45pm.
One of the must do trips in China - amazing scenery. There were about 6 boats doing this trip at the same time. To appreciate the scenery you need to be on the top deck rather than looking through glass windows - but no seats, and it's a long cruise. Lunch was inconveniently served early, just before we reached one of the most picturesque parts of the river, so interrupted by dash on deck to get better view. Food rather poor but sufficient. Yangshuo disappointing as highly commercialised shopping trap, but recommend optional (extra cost) tour into countryside and a restful river trip on small bamboo boats, similar to the English punts.
Lovely scenery, good weather on this trip.Guide was good. Buffet lunch on boat was average. Relaxing way to spend part of the day
Excellent cruise with lunch. Only negative comment was the crew forgot the locker key for drinks and soft drinks. Drinking water was from a 5 gal bottle water container. Lunch was excellent also for the cost of the tour.
boat ride was smooth even though it was pouring rain very scenic
Very beautiful cruise, but as we paid for a FULL day, it's unacceptable to learn that the afternoon is empty unless if we pay additional money!!!!
The tour was good but in talking to other people who booked through other websites, I overpaid on Viator. Also, although lunch was a buffet and I noted that I don't eat pork, there were not a lot of non-pork options. Even the noodles and the green beans had bits of pork in them. We ate lunch on the boat so there wasn't really an alternative. I chose to take the optional tour in the afternoon which wasn't really worth it except for the bamboo raft ride. However, if you're staying in Yangshuo you can easily do this on your own at a later time.