- Private tour to Longsheng and Longji Rice Terrace Fields
- Interact with the Zhuang and Yao people and learn about their unique culture
- Hike up the Longji Rice Terrace Fields for a spectacular view of the winding rice fields
- Expert commentary and personalized attention from your private guide
- Lunch included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What You Can Expect
Climb up to the summit of the Longji Rice Terraces at an elevation of 2,886 feet (880 meters). A half-hour hike up offers an amazing panoramic vista of this incredible feat of farm engineering. The terraced fields were first built in the Yuan Dynasty, when the Zhuang people were forced to flee to the mountains. In order to continue farming on the mountains, the Zhuang people turned the mountains into farmland by creating terraced fields where the farmers could grow rice.
From the peak, the terraced rice fields resemble the backbone of a dragon twisting and turning into the distance. The terraces divide the mountain into multiple layers. Tiers of water glisten in the sun during the spring; lush green rice shoots appear in the summer; layers of golden rice flourish in the fall; and layers of snow cover the terraces in the winter.
This was a private tour so solo client. Pan was a great guide for the day and the pace up to the lookout for the rice terraces was just right. Lunch was excellent. A very enjoyable day.
disappointed, the appointed local agency did not get in touch with me regarding pick time and place.Finally I had to make all the local calls,, and the numbers given in the email I received all based in shanghai