- Private Yao Mountain and tea plantation tour from Guilin
- Enjoy a scenic chairlift ride to the top of Yao Mountain and admire gorgeous views of misted hills
- Tour a tea plantation and learn about the process of Chinese tea production from your knowledgeable guide
- Sample some local tea during a traditional tea ceremony
- Round-trip hotel transport by private, air-conditioned vehicle included
What You Can Expect
Surrounded by limestone hills, Yao Mountain is famous for its seasonal transformation, exchanging its vibrant azalea flowers in the spring for green bamboo and pine trees in the summer. Then, in autumn, colorful red and yellow leaves make way for enchanting snow caps in the winter.
When you arrive, take a scenic chairlift ride to the top of the mountain. Marvel at incredible views of the karst mountain landscape and villages spreading dramatically through misted hills.
After the chairlift ride back down the mountain, you’ll be taken to a nearby tea plantation. Once the royal tea garden in the Ming Dynasty, nearly 400 years ago, this plantation’s rich, fertile soil has been producing high-quality tea for centuries.
With your guide, tour the plantation and learn about the tea production process, as well as the varieties of tea made here. You’ll also sample some green tea during a traditional tea ceremony.
At the end of your tour, relax on the drive back to your Guilin hotel.
Yao Mountain was great to see and the luge run from the middle station of the chairlift was great fun. Be careful of the Minorities show at the summit as they use this to get a lot of extra cash from you! The tea plantation was a little disappointing though and just an excise to get you to buy very expensive tea!!
Guilin is a beautiful city.
Rains 70% of the year so I hope your are lucky with a sunny day.
For tea lover the tour is fantastic.
The view of the mountain is breathtaking.
My guide was very helpful.