- Day trip to Lunenburg and Mahone Bay from Halifax
- Take a guided walking tour of Lunenburg, a UNESCO World Heritage-listed fishing town
- Admire Nova Scotia's beautiful coastal views
- Enjoy free time to explore Mahone Bay's shoreline, churches, galleries and shops
- Learn about these coastal towns from your knowledgeable guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
What You Can Expect
Your day trip through Nova Scotia begins with coach pickup from the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic in Halifax. After a 1.5-hour drive southwest, you'll arrive in Lunenburg, a UNESCO World Heritage-listed port town on Nova Scotia's South Shore.
Your kilted guide will lead you on an informative walking tour to introduce you to the city's highlights and interesting history. Learn about British colonial settlement in North America as you take in sights of unique architecture and design. Home to Lunenburg Academy, Nova Scotia's largest fishing fleet, Lunenburg is famous for its fishing culture and boat building. Your guide will entertain you with stories about bootlegging along the craggy coastline decades ago.
From Lunenburg, continue driving north along Mahone Bay, whose town of the same name is famous for its shoreline churches and picturesque beauty. Enjoy time to explore this remarkable seaside town and stroll past artisan galleries, century-old buildings, eclectic specialty shops, romantic restaurants, museums and inns, all exuding a unique charm blended with a modern-day feel.
For lunch, you may bring your own food or dine at a local restaurant. After your tour, relax on the drive back to your Halifax hotel.