- 7.5-hour beer and wine tour from Halifax
- Learn about Nova Scotia’s up-and-coming wine and craft beer industries
- Enjoy wine and beer tastings at two local wineries and a local microbrewery
- Have lunch at Spitfire Arms Pub in Windsor
- Receive a complimentary tote bag to fill up with any purchases you may make
- Transport, tastings and lunch are included
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Wine and beer made in Nova Scotia is really popular with locals but not widely distributed outside the province. Don't miss this chance to sample it at the source!
What You Can Expect
Next, visit Avondale Sky Winery, a gently sloping property on the Avon Peninsula, surrounded by the St Croix and Avon rivers. Following a tour of the vineyard (one of the oldest in Nova Scotia), enjoy a wine tasting in the old church from the 1830s that was converted into the wine shop.
Your next stop is Spitfire Arms Pub in the town of Windsor. As you wait for your lunch to arrive, enjoy a sampler of four local craft beers, from raspberry wheat ales to porters. Dive into a cheese steak sandwich, smoked salmon club or Greek veggie wrap with a glass of local wine or a pint of local craft beer (these are sample dishes; others may be available on the day of your tour).
Then it’s on to Sainte-Famille Wines in Falmouth, the gateway to the Annapolis Valley wine region, where you'll enjoy a private wine tasting with the owner. At the end of your tour, you’ll be returned to your downtown Halifax hotel, perhaps with your purchases of the beers and wine you liked! You didn’t receive a complimentary tote bag to keep it empty, after all.