- Full-day tour to Shaoxing Water Town from Hangzhou
- Explore Shaoxing’s canals aboard a Wupeng boat
- Stroll through Shen Gardens and learn about the celebrated poet Lu You
- Watch calligraphy artists do their work at Lanting Orchid Pavilion
- Enjoy the beauty and historic charms of Shaoxing
- Includes experienced guide, lunch, boat ride, transportation, and hotel pickup and drop-off
What You Can Expect
Next, walk over to Shen Garden and marvel at the gorgeous classical buildings and bridges and wonderful scenery. As you stroll through the garden, your guide will tell you the story about how Lu You met his lover Tang Wan in this garden and composed poems about her and wrote them on the walls.
After enjoying a delicious Chinese lunch at a local restaurant, your guide will lead you on a short walk to the Lanting Orchid Pavilion. Surrounded by an elegant landscape of crystal-clear streams and dense bamboo groves, this venue has become a central meeting point for local calligraphers. Witness the meticulous display of this skill and marvel at the beautiful finished pieces. After a relaxing day in Shaoxing, sit back and enjoy a scenic drive back to your Hangzhou hotel.