Enjoy more time exploring Vietnam's Halong Bay, one of Vietnam's most spectacular World Heritage listed natural wonders, on this 2-night cruise aboard a junk boat. Dotted with limestone islands in a sea of azure blue water you will cruise the bay, enjoy seafood lunches, dinner, swimming, kayaking (optional) and visit one of the many limestone caves.
- Cruise along limestone islands and breathtaking scenery on this 3-day Halong Bay junk boat trip from Hanoi
- Comfortable airconditioned ensuite cabins
- All meals included
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Include hotel pickup and drop off from Hanoi
This three-day cruising itinerary to Halong Bay in Vietnam gives you the best chance to enjoy the World Heritage listed Halong Bay from the luxury junk boat. Here you can relax on the tanning deck, swim in the clear, aqua blue waters and enjoy the best cuisine available in the bay. All the while you will be looked after by our dedicated and attentive crew. There is also the option of exploring some of the bay's most secluded lagoons using our fleet of modern easy-to-maneuver kayaks for some unforgettable scenery only accessible by kayak.
Akin to a floating hotel. Here are some of the junk's facilities:
- 5 ensuite twin cabins with air-conditioning and ensuite tiled bathroom
- Hot and cold running water and shower in each bathroom
- Dining room serving Vietnamese fare (including complimentary welcome drink and free tea and coffee throughout trip)
- Licensed bar with extensive wine list
- Games area with assortment of board games, books and magazines
- Sun tanning area with eight adjustable sun lounges
- 5 lightweight western made (New Zealand) sea kayaks
- Night fishing from the boat
- Fully staffed crew of 7 including Customer Services Manager
Day 1: Hanoi - Halong Bay (L, D)
Depart Hanoi around 8am, the drive to Halong Bay is around 3.5 hours (stopping along the way for a toilet break and a coffee). We arrive at the port at midday where you'll board the junk boat and sit down to a lovely seafood feast while cruising into the bay. After lunch visit a limestone cave before finding a secluded bay to anchor for the night. There will be a chance to swim in the emerald waters before dinner.
Accommodation for the night is in private, ensuite timber cabins with air-con and hot showers.
Day 2: Halong Bay (B, L, D)
Awake the next morning to the lapping waters and enjoy a breakfast overlooking the bay. Either relax on the boat or explore the bay with kayaks. In the afternoon cruise around the bay at a leisurely pace, stopping to explore more caves. Enjoy a relaxing afternoon on the boat reading, sunbathing or swimming before a decadent seafood meal.
Day 3: Halong Bay - Hanoi (B, L)
Today we continue to cruise around the bay to find secluded spots for swimming and kayaking. At around midday you'll return to the main harbor and set off for Hanoi. Along the way you'll stop at Yen Duc village, for tea and a water puppet show, before arriving in Hanoi late in the afternoon
Reviewed by Michael H, November 2011
Reviewed by Anonymous, September 2009