- Transport by air-conditioned mini-van between Hanoi and Halong Bay including hotel pickup and drop off
- Cruise aboard a traditional Chinese Junk on Halong Bay, a UNESCO listed World Heritage site
- Visit a fishing village and learn about the culture and customs of the Halong Bay locals
- A delicious seafood lunch
- Traveling in a small group, maximum 16 passengers allowing a unique and intimate adventure experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Halong BayPhoto by: James M
- halong bay cruisePhoto by: eve
- My tour guide on the boat ...Photo by: Jennifer L
- in the cavePhoto by: Dean R
- heading out to the islandsPhoto by: Dean R
- Hanoi_1st anniversaryPhoto by: alyssaTan
- Halong BayPhoto by: Daphne V
- Example of visibilityPhoto by: Kara N
USA, 12 2012
- P1050358Photo by: Magda M
- 250Photo by: søren billy s
- 247Photo by: søren billy s
- 222Photo by: søren billy s
- 221Photo by: søren billy s
- The Bay and MePhoto by: Victor
- Turtle Island CavePhoto by: Victor
- Halong Bay MomentsPhoto by: Victor
What You Can Expect
Dien, our tour guide, picked us up from our hotel at 630am. We were the first of the 10 people in our tour group to be picked up and Dien kept us engaged with some interesting information about Vietnam for about the first half of the 3 hour ride. There isnt a whole lot during the ride in terms of sight-seeing but we got go see some smaller towns, factories, and rice planting along the way. About halfway through the trip we stopped for about 15 minutes for a restroom break. Of course we got the opportunity to purchase some items at the location. There are some pricey art items there from the hundreds to thousands of USD, but if you look around towards the back there are some more reasonably priced items.
On arrival at Halong Bay we had a wonderful lunch and got to try out a variety of Vietnamese dishes. It was late January, a bit chilly with no sunshine, and I needed a light jacket. We were still able to experience the beauty of Halong bay and everyone was awed. The overcast conditions gave it a very majestic feel. We also stopped off at the limestone cave, which I thoroughly enjoyed. After about 3.5 to 4 hours it was time for the return trip.
I feel like the 1 day trip was sufficient and that I had not necessarily missed out on anything. The downside is it is a lot of time spent traveling in a bus. However, I would do this tour again. Thanks to Dien for helping to make this a wonderful trip!
An excellent tour. My guide was informative and the lunch onboard the boat was superb! I highly recommend this tour.
Great guide very knowledgeable. The trip itself was terrific. Great sites and cruise lots to see.
Really enjoyed our time on this tour, and the drive there wasn't nearly as bad as I expected.
Ramesh K Singapore
That's what we would call an out of this world natural wonder. Our guide was absolutely brilliant. He paced his presentation throughout the long to and fro journey with an excellent command of the English language. We strongly recommend taking the tour.
Halong Bay is a beautiful natural beauty. Everybody needs to see it once in his/her life.
Our tour guide and driver Sorry! Forgot their names were GREAT!!! I would recommend this tour to everyone.
Halong Bay is beautiful- can't really take a bad photo there :
We didn't have a long time in Hanoi area so going to Halong Bay via bus and returning that same day was perfect! It's fun to see the landscape shift from the city to rural to coast. Our tour guide San was GREAT! Very friendly, knowledgeable, conversant and easy to be around. The boat tour and lunch great food, great scenery. It's a fun stop at the big cave on one of the islands- like some kooky Disney film meets early Star Trek. A bit crowded with boats and people but all part of the experience.
What a fabulous place to visit my tour guide Cuong Tran Dry was awesome. Very knowledgeable. The cruise was lovely and the lunch scumptious. A must do thing for everyone
Excellent tour and tour guide. Thoroughly recommend. It might be easier to have a central pickup and dropoff point to save time for those who get the first and last pickup and drop-off as in our case. This added over an hour and a half to what is already a long trip.