- Cultural and heritage small-group tour from Hanoi
- Visit Bat Trang Village, famed for pottery and ceramics
- Shop at Van Phuc silk village, well-known village for top quality silk products
- Explore a traditional Vietnamese community house
- Tour Do Temple and learn about the emperors of the Ly Dynasty
- Take in views of the beautiful rural countryside
- Enjoy an authentic Vietnamese lunch
- Small-group tour limited to 12 ensures a more personalized experience with your guide
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Afterward, travel to a ‘community house’ to get a glimpse into a former way of life. Community houses were an integral part of traditional life in Vietnam and served as a meeting place to discuss village-related matters – a tradition that has been phased out due to modernization.
Next, visit a local family who specialize in making lacquerware. This ancient tradition of decorating wooden or bamboo objects takes skilled hands and patience, as many layers of lacquer are applied and sanded over and over to achieve a smooth, high-gloss surface.
Then, visit Do Temple, which honors the eight Ly emperors of the Ly Dynasty, who brought an era of prosperity and independence to Vietnam. The temple has been restored several times and in 1989 was restored to its original architecture from the 17th century.
Following lunch at a local Hanoi restaurant, travel to Van Phuc silk village where the local artisans have been weaving the finest quality silk for centuries. Your guide will take you through the village to meet the people and learn about their craft and lifestyles. Return to Hanoi where your tour ends.
Excellent. The tour guide was very knowledgeable. And he is so active explain everthing. Fluent and clear English! Highly recommended
Awesome tour. Even though it was just my husband and I who had booked, the tour still went ahead so it became a private tour.
We were so impressed by the whole tour, from being able to buy in the local market places at market price, to the knowledge of the guide and amazing beef pho for lunch.