- Small-group tour of the Ninh Binh countryside from Hanoi
- Step back in time to the ancient capital of Hoa Lu
- Cruise the waterways of Tam Coc by rowboat and admire breathtaking landscapes dotted with limestone karsts
- Cycle along back roads and through rice fields on an easy, enjoyable bike ride
- Enjoy a traditional local lunch
- Small-group tour limited to 12 ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
When you arrive, jump on your bike for a 7.5-mile (12- km) leisurely ride through some of the most stunning landscapes in the country. Cycle on picturesque back roads, through rice fields and along streams before stopping for lunch at a local restaurant (included).
Afterward, board a traditional wooden rowboat and travel down the labyrinth of waterways of Tam Coc. Known locally as the ‘Halong Bay of the land,’ this winding riverway is dotted with gorgeous limestone karsts (rocky outcrops). Enjoy endless photo opportunities of the breathtaking scenery as you cruise for two hours and pass quaint local villages.
At the end of your tour, you’ll be transferred back to Hanoi.
Really nice trip. The most enjoyable parts were the boat ride and the first part of biking.
This was a very small group with a fantastic guide and driver. It is possible to do this tour and not have to participate in the bike ride. Instead I wandered around the small town and explored the back streets and alleys however my travel partner really enjoyed the bike ride and believes it was a highlight. There are quite a few tourists riding on the small boats on the river but this did not impact on our enjoyment. Just be prepared for the hard sell for souvenirs and demands for extra money by the person piloting the little boat and stick to your plan (either buy and pay up because it is worth it or politely refuse). Our guide was very helpful with advice in managing these demands. Consider it all part of the fun of travelling. This is a beautiful part of Vietnam.