- 1.5-hour Helsinki sightseeing cruise
- Admire the rugged coastline that frames the city
- See top Helsinki attractions such as Helsinki Zoo and Degerö Canal
- Cruise past Suomenlinna Maritime Fortress, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Hear about Helsinki’s rich maritime history from an onboard guide
What You Can Expect
Watch out for Korkeasaari Island, home to Helsinki Zoo, and pass the incredible Suomenlinna Maritime Fortress – a UNESCO World Heritage Site that straddles several skerries (smaller islands) in the Helsinki archipelago. Listen to the onboard commentary to learn fun facts and trivia about this top Helsinki attraction; built in the mid-18th century, the maritime fortress was created as a principal military base for Sweden during the Russo-Swedish War.
Order a drink from the onboard bar (own expense), and relax while gliding past Degerö Canal, one of the city’s iconic waterways. Look out for Helsinki’s impressive fleet of icebreaker ships, which help keep most of Finland’s ports open throughout the bitter winters, and hear tales of the city’s history. Founded as an important hub for Baltic Sea trade in the 16th century, Helsinki was later conquered by Russia before becoming the independent city as it stands today.
After 1.5 hours cruising around the shoreline, return to the port near Market Square.