- Samaria Gorge day tour from Heraklion
- Explore Europe’s longest and most famous gorge
- 11 mile (18km) hike from Omalos to Aghia Roumeli
- Spot goats, wildflowers and birds
- Sail to the village of Chora
- Professional local guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off included
What You Can Expect
Cross through the White Mountains and finish at the tiny village of Aghia Roumeli on the Libyan Sea. The route is enriched with flowers, herbs and trees, little fountains, abandoned settlements and wild goats known as Kri-Kri, as well as birds of prey.
From the secluded village of Aghia Roumeli, take the boat to the village of Chora Sfakion to meet the coach for return trip to Heraklion.
From the bus pickup in front of our hotel to the very professional and skilled guides, this was a great way to do this hike.
We enjoyed it greatly and encourage everyone pondering this idea to go ahead. You won't regret it! Our guide Thomas was very helpful, giving us valuable advice and at the same time, amusing us greatly.