Explore bustling Ho Chi Minh City (formerly known as Saigon) on this small group adventure tour.The Ho Chi Minh City tour will give you an insight into the history, culture and the daily life of the locals in Ho Chi Minh City. Discover the historic Giac Lam pagoda, bargain for souvenirs at Ben Thanh market and enjoy a lunch of local Vietnamese cuisine. Learn about Vietnam's modern history by visiting the Reunification Palace and finish the day with a stroll along Ho Chi Minh City's tree-lined boulevards.
- Experience the culture, history and everyday life of bustling Ho Chi Minh City
- Bargain for souvenirs, clothing and gifts at the Ben Thanh Market
- See examples of Saigon's French colonial period with visits War Remnants Museum, the Reunification Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral, General Post Office and Opera house
- Enjoy lunch at a local Vietnamese restaurant
- Hotel pickup in a air-conditioned mini-van
- Traveling in a small group, maximum 12 passengers allowing a unique and intimate adventure experience
- Local English-speaking guide
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Your first stop is Giac Lam, built in the 17th century it is the oldest pagoda in Ho Chi Minh City. Continue to Chinatown with stops at Cholon and Binh Tay markets to see the locals bartering for wares. Next is Thien Hau temple, built in the early 19th century and dedicated to the Thien Hau the goddess of seafarers. Continue to Nha Rong wharf where Ho Chi Minh first left Vietnam in 1911. Your final stop before lunch is at the Ben Thanh Market, where you can practice your language skills and barter for goods. The market's original location was close to the Ben Nghe River before it was destroyed in 1859 during the French invasion of Saigon. It was rebuilt and moved to its present location in 1899.
Enjoy lunch at a local Vietnamese restaurant where your guide will explain the local specialties. After lunch you'll visit the War Remnants Museum, originally opened in September 1975, it displays old military equipment and other related items from the Vietnam War. In the courtyard you will find some larger exhibits including a F5A fighter and a UH1-Huey helicopter. Continue on foot past the Reunification Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral, the General Post office, and the Opera house which are all beautiful examples of architecture from the French colonial period.
At the end your tour you are free to continue exploring the area or your guide will assist you in getting a taxi back to your hotel.