- Full-day small-group cruise on the Mekong Delta, from Ho Chi Minh City
- Cruise the waterways of the Mekong River in a private longtail boat
- Explore villages and islands in the Mekong Delta
- Try Mekong specialty dishes during lunch at an excellent restaurant
- Ride in a sampan along canals shaded by coconut trees
- Sample exotic fruit and tour a coconut candy farm
- Travel in a small group with a maximum 16 passengers for a more intimate experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Mekong DeltaPhoto by: Nuno C
- UP THE MEKONG SUNNY DAY ...Photo by: leslie j
- Small rowing boatPhoto by: Anonymous
- Savoring a nice fresh coconutPhoto by: Patricia P
USA, 12 2011
- My hardworking friendPhoto by: Victor
- Return JourneyPhoto by: Justin L
Australia, 01 2009
- Rice paperPhoto by: Percy C
- In the deltaPhoto by: Percy C
- Boat ride on Mekong RiverPhoto by: Percy C
- Sampan rides along the Mekong ...Photo by: Nur Mirrah A
- Mekong Delta tripPhoto by: Sigurjon A
- On a canoe travelling up one ...Photo by: Cheryl G
- Preferred tourist transportPhoto by: Michael K
- Meknog Delta tourPhoto by: Crison M
- FishPhoto by: Magdalena S
- Mekong DeltaPhoto by: Nuno C
- A view from our row boatPhoto by: Marissa C
- Heung giving us a ...Photo by: daminc
- say cheesePhoto by: sabrina
- Mekong DeltaPhoto by: Christine J
What You Can Expect
Travel to the city of My Tho, a 2.5 hour journey, by air-conditioned mini-coach. A former naval base, My Tho is now a bustling port city in the Mekong Delta. The area is the final destination of the Mekong River which winds its way from Tibet, China, Burma, Laos, Cambodia and finally Vietnam. An incredibly fertile region its prime industry is food production, producing approximately half of Vietnam's total agricultural output. Life for villagers in the area revolves around the rivers and canals that make up the delta, people are more likely to transport by river than by road.Upon arrival into My Tho you'll board a private boat for a cruise on the Mekong River. On the boat ride your local guide will take you to visit an island with lush tropical gardens where you'll have a chance to sample tropical fruit. You'll continue to another island in the Mekong Delta, you'll learn more about another cottage industry, coconut candy. Your local guide will take you to a coconut candy factory and explain the process of making this sweet. You'll have a chance to visit local villages in the area and learn more about the traditional lifestyles, culture and customs of people who call the Delta their home. Continue by Xe Loi (motorized cart) to a bee farm where you'll transfer to a smaller rowing boat allowing you to get deeper into the smaller canals of the Delta.
Sample the local Mekong cuisine at the Diem Phuong Restaurant where lunch is served. After lunch you'll return to My Tho for the journey back to Ho Chi Minh City.
The delta was very different and a great experience we enjoyed the tuk tuk ride from one side to the other very hairy
This was our second tour with Ms Linda Huong Le as part of her family. Once again, an engaging experience, with a warm personality and knowledgeable guide. We had so much fun.....even though the rain was pouring down!
This was an amazing trip! Our guide, Jay, was the best. His english were perfect and he was so kind and funny!
The bus contained wifi and aircondition. The food was sooo good and we tasted a lot of new fruits!
Thanku, Jay for such a great day! We enjoyed every second of it!
Hanne og Martin
Loved this tour. Highly recommend it.
Highly recommended trip. One of the best overall. Very well organized. Hoa, our guide was very nice. Great value.
Our guide Jay was fantastic and very passionate. The trip was great fun and Jay made sure that we didn't go hungry or thirsty, thanks Jay for a great day.
Really nice trip. Nice and informative tour guide! Really good organized.
The tour included everything that is reported in the desciption. Our giude Tan was really friendly, caring and knowledgable, he contributed actively to a great experience! Recommended!!!
Very well organised trip, with a good selection of activities. Would have personally liked more time devoted to the canal journey via sampan as this went too quickly! Guide was very personable and knowledgeable
We had a fabulous day, Trinh (Peter) our guide was so informative and very knowledgeable. Our group ranged significantly in age but Trinh was able to accommodate absolutely everyone - thanks from the Cox and #39;s Adelaide