Travel to the heart of the Mekong Delta on this small group adventure tour from Ho Chi Minh City. You'll board a private longtail boat, experience the diversity of the Mekong waterways first hand as you explore fish farms, exotic fruit farms and dine on traditional Mekong Delta food.
- Meet locals as you explore the villages and islands along the Mekong River
- Take a private longtail boat ride along the Mekong River
- Enjoy the local Mekong delicacies while you feast on lunch at the Diem Phuong Restaurant
- Travel by sampan along the canals under the green canopy of water coconuts trees
- Sample exotic fruit and tour a coconut candy farm
- Traveling in a small group, maximum 16 passengers allowing a unique and intimate adventure experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Mekong DeltaPhoto by: Nuno C
- UP THE MEKONG SUNNY DAY ...Photo by: leslie j
- Small rowing boatPhoto by: Anonymous
- Savoring a nice fresh coconutPhoto by: Patricia P
USA, 12 2011
- My hardworking friendPhoto by: Victor
- Return JourneyPhoto by: Justin L
Australia, 01 2009
- On a canoe travelling up one ...Photo by: Cheryl G
- Preferred tourist transportPhoto by: Michael K
- Meknog Delta tourPhoto by: Crison M
- FishPhoto by: Magdalena S
- Mekong DeltaPhoto by: Nuno C
- A view from our row boatPhoto by: Marissa C
- Heung giving us a ...Photo by: daminc
- say cheesePhoto by: sabrina
- Mekong DeltaPhoto by: Christine J
- tuck tuck ridePhoto by: Susan W
- The Mekong RiverPhoto by: Levi V
- On a small boat while ...Photo by: TARA NATH R
- Heading out to cruise the ...Photo by: Amelia P
- Mekong DeltaPhoto by: Paul D
What You Can Expect
Travel to the city of My Tho, a 2.5 hour journey, by air-conditioned mini-coach. A former naval base, My Tho is now a bustling port city in the Mekong Delta. The area is the final destination of the Mekong River which winds its way from Tibet, China, Burma, Laos, Cambodia and finally Vietnam. An incredibly fertile region its prime industry is food production, producing approximately half of Vietnam's total agricultural output. Life for villagers in the area revolves around the rivers and canals that make up the delta, people are more likely to transport by river than by road.Upon arrival into My Tho you'll board a private boat for a cruise on the Mekong River. On the boat ride your local guide will take you to visit an island with lush tropical gardens where you'll have a chance to sample tropical fruit. You'll continue to another island in the Mekong Delta, you'll learn more about another cottage industry, coconut candy. Your local guide will take you to a coconut candy factory and explain the process of making this sweet. You'll have a chance to visit local villages in the area and learn more about the traditional lifestyles, culture and customs of people who call the Delta their home. Continue by Xe Loi (motorized cart) to a bee farm where you'll transfer to a smaller rowing boat allowing you to get deeper into the smaller canals of the Delta.
Sample the local Mekong cuisine at the Diem Phuong Restaurant where lunch is served. After lunch you'll return to My Tho for the journey back to Ho Chi Minh City.
One of our highlights of our trip to Ho Chi Minh City.
The tour guide was extremely funny and spoke great english. There was no boring or waiting time, it was quite full-on which made it very enjoyable. No pushing for sales, the locals looked content and quite happy to welcome us which made the trip even more pleasant.
I would definitely recommend this trip as even though it is quite full-on, it still leaves you quite a bit of time coming back in the city center mid-afternoon.
Michelle H United States of ...
Excellent Tour and Tour Guide and Staff. So informative, friendly, and passionate. Worth Every Penny!!
A must do. Beautiful region and well planned Tour.
Very fun trip!
Unlike any other tour I've taken before. Riding a banana boat through the Mekong delta was an interesting experience. I especially enjoyed visiting the different islands and seeing what life was like in the countryside.
Great day, the tour operator had a lot of local knowledge and interesting information. We had a great day.
Great experience to see how the rural river folk live even if they're more modern these days.
Big thanks to our lovely tourguide Anna! She made it a very enjoyable trip with lot and #39;s of different things to see and learn.
Definitely recommend the tour- with Anna as guide!
Really great way to see some of the countryside. The guide was excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed the day.
This tour was great. Well put together, no gaps no lags. Tour guide, Tom, knowledgeable and very nice. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Krystyna Wiseman