Travel to the heart of the Mekong Delta on this small group adventure tour from Ho Chi Minh City. You'll board a private longtail boat, experience the diversity of the Mekong waterways first hand as you explore fish farms, exotic fruit farms and dine on traditional Mekong Delta food.
- Meet locals as you explore the villages and islands along the Mekong River
- Take a private longtail boat ride along the Mekong River
- Enjoy the local Mekong delicacies while you feast on lunch at the Diem Phuong Restaurant
- Travel by sampan along the canals under the green canopy of water coconuts trees
- Sample exotic fruit and tour a coconut candy farm
- Traveling in a small group, maximum 16 passengers allowing a unique and intimate adventure experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Mekong DeltaPhoto by: Nuno C
- UP THE MEKONG SUNNY DAY ...Photo by: leslie j
- Small rowing boatPhoto by: Anonymous
- Savoring a nice fresh coconutPhoto by: Patricia P
USA, 12 2011
- My hardworking friendPhoto by: Victor
- Return JourneyPhoto by: Justin L
Australia, 01 2009
- Meknog Delta tourPhoto by: Crison M
- FishPhoto by: Magdalena S
- Mekong DeltaPhoto by: Nuno C
- A view from our row boatPhoto by: Marissa C
- Heung giving us a ...Photo by: daminc
- say cheesePhoto by: sabrina
- Mekong DeltaPhoto by: Christine J
- tuck tuck ridePhoto by: Susan W
- The Mekong RiverPhoto by: Levi V
- On a small boat while ...Photo by: TARA NATH R
- Heading out to cruise the ...Photo by: Amelia P
- Mekong DeltaPhoto by: Paul D
- Small Boat RidePhoto by: Dean W
- A River Tour BoatPhoto by: Dean W
What You Can Expect
Travel to the city of My Tho, a 2.5 hour journey, by air-conditioned mini-coach. A former naval base, My Tho is now a bustling port city in the Mekong Delta. The area is the final destination of the Mekong River which winds its way from Tibet, China, Burma, Laos, Cambodia and finally Vietnam. An incredibly fertile region its prime industry is food production, producing approximately half of Vietnam's total agricultural output. Life for villagers in the area revolves around the rivers and canals that make up the delta, people are more likely to transport by river than by road.Upon arrival into My Tho you'll board a private boat for a cruise on the Mekong River. On the boat ride your local guide will take you to visit an island with lush tropical gardens where you'll have a chance to sample tropical fruit. You'll continue to another island in the Mekong Delta, you'll learn more about another cottage industry, coconut candy. Your local guide will take you to a coconut candy factory and explain the process of making this sweet. You'll have a chance to visit local villages in the area and learn more about the traditional lifestyles, culture and customs of people who call the Delta their home. Continue by Xe Loi (motorized cart) to a bee farm where you'll transfer to a smaller rowing boat allowing you to get deeper into the smaller canals of the Delta.
Sample the local Mekong cuisine at the Diem Phuong Restaurant where lunch is served. After lunch you'll return to My Tho for the journey back to Ho Chi Minh City.
Excellent tour! Visited many locations on the Mekong Delta by boat, bus, motored bike and paddle boat!! Great food and a taste of local culture. Anna, our guide, did a fantastic job giving us insight to Vietnamese history and fun facts about each of our locations.
Nice experience. Keep some change to tip the boat and tuk tuk guys.
Thoroughly recommended, great day out with a great guide who was extremely friendly. The day was packed with a lot of interesting events including a great high quality traditional lunch
Fantastic tour with best and informative, funny, interesting guide ever, miss Lu! You are happy to have her, she made our day! Rgds, Fride, Evelyn and Torill
We thoroughly enjoyed this tour. There was just so much to do. Much of the success was due to the tour guide, Loung, who was the best that I have encountered.
We could not find any fault with this experience.
Fun mix of activities. Knowledgeable and funny guide.
Our tour guide Queenie was fantastic, and other tourists in our group had been with her on different tours and also agreed. The trip offered more than we anticipated with lots of sampling of local foods, snacks and fruits, and a great opportunity for little afternoon siesta in a hammock after lunch. It was lovely in the long boat paddling down the Mekong and we only wished it was longer. All in all the trip was well organised, relaxed, informative and well worth the money.
Had a great tour yesterday with Quang! So many little extra things that made a big difference : Would definitely recommend this tour for people short on time in HCMC.
Enjoy your trip!
Fantastic tour - certainly one of the best we've ever done.
Tam was great and we loved visiting the village and tasting the fruit from their land.
The folk singing was beautiful and made us fee very welcome.
Really loved the long boat ride - could have been longer as it was so pleasant in the cool of the palms.
Tour guide was versed in English, entertaining, and had plenty of knowledge about the tour when asked questions. I would recommend this tour to anyone who wishes to see life beyond the busy cities.