The private tour to Cu Chi Tunnels and Cao Dai is a great day trip from Ho Chi Minh. Visit Tay Ninh, home of the unique Cao Dai sect which is a mix of Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism and Christianity. After lunch, visit the famous Cu Chi Tunnels, an amazing underground labyrinth from which the Vietnamese fought during the American/Vietnam war.
- Private English-speaking guided full-day tour of the Cu Chi Tunnels and Cao Dai Temple
- Learn about the unique Cao Dai sec, a religion mix of Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism and Christianity
- Tour the underground Cu Chi labyrinth
- Scrumptious local Vietnamese lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop off by air-conditioned private vehicle
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
The private tour begins with a visit to Tay Ninh, near the Cambodian border, home to the unique Cao Dai sect, whose patron saints include Joan of Arc, Victor Hugo and Winston Churchill to name a few. The religion is an odd mix of Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism and Christianity. The trip to Tay Ninh is combined with a visit to the Cu Chi Tunnels. At its height, the tunnel system stretched from Saigon to the Cambodian border and was three levels deep. Today the remaining tunnels have become a major tourist attraction giving the visitor a unique experience and a feel of what underground life in the war must have been like. The tour includes a local Vietnamese lunch.
This tour operator is the 2007 Conde Naste winner of the Best Operator category in the World Saver Awards