- 3-hour tour to Cadbury Chocolate factory with Derwent River cruise, from Hobart
- Visit the Cadbury chocolate factory’s visitor center and learn the history of Cadbury in Australia
- Sample delicious chocolates and receive a complimentary goodie bag at Cadbury’s
- Pass by Hobart's original sandstone railway station, the Governor House and Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens
- Snack on morning tea during a scenic 30-minute cruise along the Derwent River
- Get great photo ops of Hobart and Mount Wellington from the water
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
When you arrive at the Claremont Cadbury Interpretation Centre, the local staff greets you with a goodie bag of chocolates then shows you to a seated area for a presentation about Cadbury chocolates. A short video shows the chocolate making process in the nearby factory, which is no longer open for tours due to new health and safety regulations.
Marvel as you witness the raw chocolate transform into delicious treats, then taste some of the raw ingredients that go into the chocolate as well as the final product. Learn fun facts from your guide and browse exhibits about the history of Cadbury chocolate, which was established in 1922 in Australia.
After your presentation, have time to browse the retail shop and try more samples. A range of specialty chocolates and all-time favorites are available for purchase, with some great discounts on offer. For a truly Australian treat, try the Cherry Ripe bar, which has been made in Australia since 1924.
When you have wrapped up your Cadbury tour, enjoy a relaxing cruise along the scenic Derwent River, traveling from Moorilla Winery to Hobart. Snack on complimentary morning tea as you take in stunning views of the Museum of Old and New Art, Mt Wellington, plus scenic bays and riverfront land, before disembarking at Brooke Street Pier near Battery Point—one of Tasmania's most desirable addresses.
Please note: Tour does not take you inside the actual factory, only access to the Cadbury chocolate factory visitor center is permitted
Click on "View Additional Info" for the hotel pickup list
Great tour. Very informative. Plenty of cheap chocolates. River cruise a bit choppy due to the weather but worth it.
Very Happy with the whole experience , have done the Cadbury factory before, when u used to tour through,
but though this was a resonable insight into it. Also enjoyed the River Cruise back great food and Coffee and great service.