- Explore the Port Arthur convict sites on this historical walking tour from Hobart
- Cross the Tasman Bridge
- Access over 30 restored convict buildings and ruins
- See the Penitentiary - a one time granary and flour mill, the separate prison, the Commandant's House, the church and much more
- Enjoy a cruise on Carnarvon Bay
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Hotel pickup and drop off
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
- Aquatic Centre and Royal Botanic Gardens (drive past only)
- Government House (drive past only)
- Cross the Tasman Bridge
- Head out on the Tasman Highway over the Pitwater Causeway onto Forestier Peninsular
- Pristine Pirates Bay
- Eaglehawk Neck
- Skirt Norfolk Bay on the Tasman Peninsula
- Find out what's unique about Doo Town
- Take a guided walking tour of the historic convict site - Port Arthur, with access to over 30 restored buildings and ruins
- See the Penitentiary - a one time granary and flour mill, the separate prison, the Commandant's House, the church and much more...
- Take a cruise on Carnarvon Bay to the Isle of the Dead for a 45 minute guided tour
- Visit Highlights of the Tasman National Park
- Wonder at the spectacle of the Tasman Arch
- Superb views of the rugged coastline
- Be amazed at the magnitude of the Devils Kitchen
Click on "View Additional Info" for the hotel pickup list
FANTASTIC TRIP - GREAT BUS DRIVER COLIN - GRAYLINE BUSES ARE THE BEST. GOOD TOUR GUIDE ON A REALLY BEAUTIFUL HISTORICAL SITE. HAD A FANTASTIC TIME. CHRIS and SCOTT BRYSON
The tour was really good, there's lots to see and are given ample time to fit it all in.
This was a fantastic opportunity to experience the history of a place like Port Arthur. The tour from the moment of pickup through to delivery back to the hotel was professional and courteous. The tour driver was A being both knowledgeable and friendly.
Port Arthur itself is wonderful. So much to see and experience. If history is your thing then this is the one tour you must take
I really enjoyed this tour, it's a great way to see Port Arthur. The bus driver was informative on the drive down and gave advice on the 'must sees' which helped to work out where to go first. Don't miss the Separate Prison and the Commandants House which have restored and give a good example the life at Port Arthur. The walking tour of the Isle of the Dead was also a great way to hear more about the convicts and their lives.
Thanks for a great tour, we enjoyed whole day, but we just couldn't take it all in, in one day.
Very interesting and informative
Due to the bushfires we were unable to take our much anticipated trip to Port Arthur. However the tour organisers transferred us to another day trip at no extra cost. We were very impressed with this service.
Delightful, informative tour. A great day.
Weather was great, Tour was great!
Tasman Arch and Devil's Kitchen were worthwhile extras. Isle of the Dead tour and tales most interesting.
Well worth the trip! Loved the Isle of the Dead tour though a little rushed. The only negative in the day was the bus driver's inappropriate commentary on the way down, asking us to imagine the horrible stretch marks and breasts of his ancestor after having 22 children. He also gave the wrong tickets to a couple who got off the bus. When he realised he said "Oh well, they don't speak English anyway".