Welcome to Hobart, Tasmania! A city of yachts and spinnakers; gardens and galleries; sandstone cottages and stately Georgian Homes - a city built on the pain and toil of yesteryear English convicts. The perfect introduction to Hobart's best sites - this is the ultimate city tour!
- Board a historic coach tram as you explore the best of Hobart
- Includes commentary
- See over 30 attractions including Penitentiary Chapel, Queens Domain and Government House, Battery Point and Salamanca Place
- Plenty of photo opportunities
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Board the Hobart Explorer Coach Tram for a historical 3 hour tour of Hobart and the beautiful surrounding suburbs, this tour gives you the perfect picture of Hobart's attractions.
- Sullivan's Cove - Hobart's birthplace and ferry terminal
- Parliament House
- Salamanca Place - Georgian style warehouses now restored as restaurants, galleries and pubs
- Princes Park - a one time gun battery
- Battery Point - charming historic houses, pubs, boutique shops and restaurants
- St George's Church
- View of Wrest Point Casino and exclusive Sandy Bay
- St David's Park
- Anglesea Barracks
- South Hobart at the foot of Mt Wellington
- Cascade Gardens and Brewery
- Visit the remains of the Female Factory - a one time female prison and Island Produce Fudge Factory
- St David's Cathedral
- Treasury Building and Franklin Square
- General Post Office and Hobart Town Hall
- Queen's Domain and Government House
- Cross the Tasman Bridge over the Derwent River
- Views of the Kangaroo Bay Marina and Bellerive
- Stop at Rosny Hill lookout for stunning views of Hobart, Sandy Bay, Mt Wellington, The Tasman Bridge and Glenorchy
- Victoria Dock and Constitution Dock
Very informative tour, enjoyed seeing parts of Hobart that we would not have visited. Would recommend it to visitors.
Very nice tour ! In combination with the afternoon tour to the sanctuary, where we met a lot of animals it was great !!!