Welcome to Hobart, Tasmania! A city of yachts and spinnakers; gardens and galleries; sandstone cottages and stately Georgian Homes - a city built on the pain and toil of yesteryear English convicts. The perfect introduction to Hobart's best sites - this is the ultimate city tour!
- Board a historic coach tram as you explore the best of Hobart
- Includes commentary
- See over 30 attractions including Penitentiary Chapel, Queens Domain and Government House, Battery Point and Salamanca Place
- Plenty of photo opportunities
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Board the Hobart Explorer Coach Tram for a historical 3 hour tour of Hobart and the beautiful surrounding suburbs, this tour gives you the perfect picture of Hobart's attractions.
- Sullivan's Cove - Hobart's birthplace and ferry terminal
- Parliament House
- Salamanca Place - Georgian style warehouses now restored as restaurants, galleries and pubs
- Princes Park - a one time gun battery
- Battery Point - charming historic houses, pubs, boutique shops and restaurants
- St George's Church
- View of Wrest Point Casino and exclusive Sandy Bay
- St David's Park
- Anglesea Barracks
- South Hobart at the foot of Mt Wellington
- Cascade Gardens and Brewery
- Visit the remains of the Female Factory - a one time female prison and Island Produce Fudge Factory
- St David's Cathedral
- Treasury Building and Franklin Square
- General Post Office and Hobart Town Hall
- Queen's Domain and Government House
- Cross the Tasman Bridge over the Derwent River
- Views of the Kangaroo Bay Marina and Bellerive
- Stop at Rosny Hill lookout for stunning views of Hobart, Sandy Bay, Mt Wellington, The Tasman Bridge and Glenorchy
- Victoria Dock and Constitution Dock
The tour was first class and the tour guide was knowlegable, humorous and we saw and learnt a great deal about Hobart and Tasmania in a very short period of time. Highly recommended
This was a great Hobart tour.
The botanic gardens were amazing. They gave 45 minutes to visit the gardens. We could have spent the whole day there.
Very informative and enjoyable but could have gone longer.
Christine Bryson Australia
GREAT WAY TO GET YOUR BEARINGS ON THE FIRST DAY IN THE CITY. HAD A GREAT TIME.
CHRIS and SCOTT BRYSON
Fabulous tour, good value for money. Our tour guide, Nigel was excellent, very informative and lots of fun. Highly recommend tour.
Great tour as a shore excursion, we got to see most of this lovely town in a few hours.
it was great
Such a great introduction to our holiday and to Hobart! 'Captain Nigel' was a font of knowledge and several cheesy jokes but that just added to the experience : Got to see some lovely architecture, the Female Factory, Cascades and the Botanic Gardens to name a few spots. Well worth it and highly recommended.
Very informative tour, enjoyed seeing parts of Hobart that we would not have visited. Would recommend it to visitors.