Welcome to Hobart, Tasmania! A city of yachts and spinnakers; gardens and galleries; sandstone cottages and stately Georgian Homes - a city built on the pain and toil of yesteryear English convicts. The perfect introduction to Hobart's best sites - this is the ultimate city tour!
- Board a historic coach tram as you explore the best of Hobart
- Includes commentary
- See over 30 attractions including Penitentiary Chapel, Queens Domain and Government House, Battery Point and Salamanca Place
- Plenty of photo opportunities
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Board the Hobart Explorer Coach Tram for a historical 3 hour tour of Hobart and the beautiful surrounding suburbs, this tour gives you the perfect picture of Hobart's attractions.
- Sullivan's Cove - Hobart's birthplace and ferry terminal
- Parliament House
- Salamanca Place - Georgian style warehouses now restored as restaurants, galleries and pubs
- Princes Park - a one time gun battery
- Battery Point - charming historic houses, pubs, boutique shops and restaurants
- St George's Church
- View of Wrest Point Casino and exclusive Sandy Bay
- St David's Park
- Anglesea Barracks
- South Hobart at the foot of Mt Wellington
- Cascade Gardens and Brewery
- Visit the remains of the Female Factory - a one time female prison and Island Produce Fudge Factory
- St David's Cathedral
- Treasury Building and Franklin Square
- General Post Office and Hobart Town Hall
- Queen's Domain and Government House
- Cross the Tasman Bridge over the Derwent River
- Views of the Kangaroo Bay Marina and Bellerive
- Stop at Rosny Hill lookout for stunning views of Hobart, Sandy Bay, Mt Wellington, The Tasman Bridge and Glenorchy
- Victoria Dock and Constitution Dock
Such a great introduction to our holiday and to Hobart! 'Captain Nigel' was a font of knowledge and several cheesy jokes but that just added to the experience : Got to see some lovely architecture, the Female Factory, Cascades and the Botanic Gardens to name a few spots. Well worth it and highly recommended.
Very informative tour, enjoyed seeing parts of Hobart that we would not have visited. Would recommend it to visitors.
Very nice tour ! In combination with the afternoon tour to the sanctuary, where we met a lot of animals it was great !!!
This was an amazing tour! Our driver Kim was very knowledgeable and friendly. I'd highly recommend the tour to all.
Friendliness of tour driver
Excellent tour and a must-do for first time visitors to Hobart. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable about the area and the history. Plenty of stops along the way for photos and a walk around.
Ian was the tour guide and knew absolutely everything about the history of Hobart. The tour exceeded my expectations. Loved the tram bus and thoroughly enjoyed every site visited. Highly recommend this tour. Thanks. Carol
a good trip
A very professionally organised tour. Highly recommended.
The coach driver was entertaining we thoroughly enjoyed our tpur