Welcome to Hobart, Tasmania! A city of yachts and spinnakers; gardens and galleries; sandstone cottages and stately Georgian Homes - a city built on the pain and toil of yesteryear English convicts. The perfect introduction to Hobart's best sites - this is the ultimate city tour!
- Board a historic coach tram as you explore the best of Hobart
- Includes commentary
- See over 30 attractions including Penitentiary Chapel, Queens Domain and Government House, Battery Point and Salamanca Place
- Plenty of photo opportunities
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Board the Hobart Explorer Coach Tram for a historical 3 hour tour of Hobart and the beautiful surrounding suburbs, this tour gives you the perfect picture of Hobart's attractions.
- Sullivan's Cove - Hobart's birthplace and ferry terminal
- Parliament House
- Salamanca Place - Georgian style warehouses now restored as restaurants, galleries and pubs
- Princes Park - a one time gun battery
- Battery Point - charming historic houses, pubs, boutique shops and restaurants
- St George's Church
- View of Wrest Point Casino and exclusive Sandy Bay
- St David's Park
- Anglesea Barracks
- South Hobart at the foot of Mt Wellington
- Cascade Gardens and Brewery
- Visit the remains of the Female Factory - a one time female prison and Island Produce Fudge Factory
- St David's Cathedral
- Treasury Building and Franklin Square
- General Post Office and Hobart Town Hall
- Queen's Domain and Government House
- Cross the Tasman Bridge over the Derwent River
- Views of the Kangaroo Bay Marina and Bellerive
- Stop at Rosny Hill lookout for stunning views of Hobart, Sandy Bay, Mt Wellington, The Tasman Bridge and Glenorchy
- Victoria Dock and Constitution Dock
Fantastic, best commentary tour ever experienced.
Definitely recommended for anyone who wishes to see and hear the history of Hobart.
Although there was some confusion initially with the buses, the tour was very enjoyable and informative. The ideal way to spend a very wet morning in Hobart.