- Explore Tasmanian nature on this full-day tour from Hobart
- Journey through Mt Field National Park, one of Australia's oldest national parks
- Visit the oldest trout hatchery in the Southern Hemisphere
- Discover the beauty of Russell Falls
- Enjoy morning tea of cake, tea and coffee
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative and friendly guide
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
- Enjoy morning tea of cake, tea and coffee while at the Salmon Pond
- Feed the trout and salmon at the oldest trout hatchery in the Southern Hemisphere
- Downtown Hobart and shopping precincts
- Travel north west skirting Mt Wellington and follow the Derwent River
- Suburbs of Glenorchy and Claremount - the home of Cadbury's Chocolate
- Look for native birds along the shores of the Derwent River
- The beautiful Derwent Valley - tiny towns and agriculture
- New Norfolk - heart of the Derwent River Valley
- Experience the stillness of rainforest fernglades at Mt Field National Park
- Majestic tall treeferns provide a canopy for a delightful walk alongside a forest stream
- Witness the spectacle of Russell Falls
- Return alongside the Derwent River crossing the Bowen Bridge overlooking the Incat catamaran factory
Very knowledgeable tour guide! Whole trip was amazing and fun! Must do!
Very beautiful and breathtaking scenery. Our guide is very knowledgeable and went out of her way to take us around.
Very relaxing day, my family n i had an excellent time. Horse shoe and russell falls are beautiful. Plenty of photos opportunities.
Definitely recommended!! Very caring and passionate tour guide. Beautiful views all the way. Nice food.
Very relaxing and beautiful scenic tour on Derwent Valley and Mt Field National Park. Rod did a great job! He provided very informative tour especially the history of the New Norfolk Tasmania. Really enjoy this tour. Thanks, Rod!
A great day, informative, friendly driver/guide, lots to see, unhurried and not crowded. The park itself is amazing with some fabulously tall eucalypts, wildlife and a very pretty and impressive waterfall at the end of a pleasant forest walk.
The trout farm we visited on the way was very interesting backed up with coffee and crepes, who could ask for more!
Wonderful trip, we have plenty of time to enjoy the forest walk, experienced the primitive atmosphere while walking under big tall trees, being surrounded by fallen trees and the unforgettable view of Russell Falls.
Great degree of freedom, no rush during the tour and excellent morning tea