- Tour of Mt Wellington and MONA visit with Derwent River ferry transfer
- Take in panoramic views over Hobart from the Mt Wellington summit
- See Battery Point, St David’s Park, Cascade Brewery and other Hobart sights
- Visit MONA, Australia’s most controversial and exciting art museum
- Enjoy a scenic ferry from MONA to Sullivans Cove along the Derwent River
- Hotel pickup from centrally located Hobart hotels
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
A great option to take in the stunning views over Hobart from the top of Mt Wellington, and also the thought-provoking exhibitions at the MONA. Make sure you bring extra layers of warm clothing as temperatures at the top of Mt Wellington can be sub-zero year round.
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Your Mount Wellington tour also takes you to some of Hobart’s most popular sights, including St David's Park, the charming houses of Battery Point and Arthur's Circus, the historic Anglesea Barracks and Female Factory prison, the lovely homes of south Hobart and the Cascade Valley’s brewery and gardens.
Arrive at MONA by coach transfer admire the cutting-edge complex of modern buildings on your approach to the museum's entrance, then lose yourself in Australia’s largest privately funded gallery of ancient and modern artworks, collected and exhibited by Tasmanian-born entrepreneur David Walsh.
From mixed-media installations to 3D sculptures and Neolithic artifacts, be enthralled, inspired and sometimes confronted by this collection exploring the inner recesses of the human experience and psyche.
While viewing the collections, you can learn more about the exhibits via a hand-held touch-screen device, and interact by recording your own impressions and responses.
The collection is vast, so relax while you’re at MONA by visiting the museum’s restaurant, cafe or wine bar, with its cellar door highlighting the region's local wines (own expense).
Leaving MONA, take a scenic ferry ride along the Derwent River back to Hobart.