- Enjoy this comprehensive historical full-day walking tour of Port Arthur
- Relax on a 30-minute Carnarvon Bay cruise
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup from centrally located Hobart hotels
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
- Cross the Tasman Bridge
- Head out on the Tasman Highway over the Pitwater Causeway onto Forestier Peninsular
- Eaglehawk Neck
- Skirt Norfolk Bay on the Tasman Peninsula
- Take a guided walking tour of the historic convict site - Port Arthur, with access to over 30 restored buildings and ruins
- See the Penitentiary - a one time granary and flour mill, the separate prison, the Commandant's House, the church and much more...
- Take a cruise on Carnarvon Bay and circumnavigate the Isle of the Dead
- Visit Highlights of the Tasman National Park
- Wonder at the spectacle of the Tasman Arch
- Superb views of the rugged coastline
- Be amazed at the magnitude of the Devils Kitchen
Click on "View Additional Info" for the hotel pickup list
I loved this trip. The company running the tour was very professional, and provided good general information and a good history of Tasmania whilst travelling form Hobart to Port Arthur, which wa really interesting.
The tour itself was great. The staff at the historical site were all friendly, and provided a 40 minute tour outlining a brief history of the site and the significant buildings. There was time to explore the site before a 20-30 minute cruise around the harbour, and a bit more exploring time before heading back to Hobart. This is definately a fabulous tour, and I would recommend it to anybody heading to Tasmania. I am a huge history nut, and loved this site, despite the sad history of it, but it was great to learn more about our nations history, and actually seeing where things were happening.
was a great tour ,the guide was fun and gave lots of information , efficient and affordable trip