- Take a culinary tour and cooking class in Hoi An
- Enjoy a scenic boat journey on the Hoi An River to the Red Bridge Cooking School
- Shop at the Hoi An market with an experienced guide and learn about the fresh ingredients used in Vietnamese cuisine
- Learn to cook several dishes and then enjoy the delicious meal that you prepare
- Walk through the Red Bridge Cooking School’s herb garden and see the plants that give Vietnamese dishes their distinctive flavors
- Bring home recipes and inspiration to share with your family and friends!
What You Can Expect
Next, board the Red Bridge boat for a leisurely 30-minute cruise along the Hoi An River to the Red Bridge Cooking School. Along the way, enjoy photo ops of local life on this scenic river.
Upon arriving at the Red Bridge Cooking School, walk through its abundant herb garden and learn about the herbs that give Vietnam’s cuisine its distinctive flavors. Then head to the school’s open-air riverside building, a beautiful and breezy location for your cooking class. The chefs demonstrate the preparation of each dish (see menu below) and help as you learn to prepare the dishes yourself. To finish the day’s lesson, which takes about two hours, observe an introduction to Vietnamese plate decoration or food carving, which is truly an art in itself.
After the class, sit down and enjoy eating the delicious meal that you have made! At the end of your culinary tour, your guide will take you back on the boat to your starting point in Hoi An.
Rice paper (making)
Fresh spring rolls with shrimp
Crispy Hoi An pancakes with shrimp, herbs, bean sprouts and peanut sauce
Seafood salad with mixed Vietnamese herbs served in a half pineapple
Vietnamese eggplant in clay pot
Food decoration (pineapple boat, tri-colored flowers and Vietnamese hand fan)