- Full-day trip to mainland China from Hong Kong with a professional guide
- Ride a catamaran to Shekou Industrial Zone in Shenzen
- Observe a Chinese panda at Shenzhen Safari Park
- See terracotta warriors from Xian at Shekou’s Exhibition Hall
- Take a guided afternoon tour of Guangzhou, China's largest trading port
- Enjoy Chinese lunch at a local restaurant
- All transport plus group visa are included!
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Pandas and terracotta warriors! It's no surprise that this day trip to mainland China is so popular. You don't have to worry about getting a visa, and the super-scenic ferry ride to China and comfortable train ride back to Hong Kong are extra perks.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Temple of the Six Banyan ...Photo by: DIO C
Australia, 03 2011
- Getting ReadyPhoto by: F M
- China Day Trip March 2015Photo by: Jacky
- chinaPhoto by: Mae S
- Pandas at the ZooPhoto by: Sarah V
- Temple in GuangzhouPhoto by: Calvin W
- Kowloon Walled CityPhoto by: Calvin W
- Chinese Kindergaten visitPhoto by: jan
- Scorpions for salePhoto by: Ronald H
- Buddhist TemplePhoto by: Ronald H
- Shopping street.Photo by: Tstone7330
- Street VendorsPhoto by: Tstone7330
- Market Street ChickensPhoto by: Tstone7330
- Mao ZedongPhoto by: Tstone7330
- Panda one of twoPhoto by: Tstone7330
- Safari Park ZooPhoto by: Tstone7330
- Buddah'sPhoto by: Tstone7330
- Lunch timePhoto by: Tstone7330
- P1000051Photo by: colinriley
- childrenPhoto by: Stafford M
What You Can Expect
Depart the school and head towards Shenzhen Safari Park to meet cute and cuddly pandas up close. Stationed along Xili Lake, this park is home to numerous species of protected animals, including Asian elephants, Siberian tigers and red-crowned cranes.
If time permits, make a stop at a local market to see how locals go about their daily lives. Purchase items and interact with mainland residents during this lively visit. Next it’s on to the Exhibition Hall in Shekou, where your guide will lead you past Qin Dynasty terracotta warriors and horses that were discovered in Xian. Learn about their historical significance as you wander the halls of this impressive museum lined with bronze artifacts, sculptures an other artifacts that date back to the 3rd century.
Continue on to Guangzhou—China’s third largest city. Enjoy a typical lunch at a local restaurant and then venture out on a sightseeing tour of this urban landscape. Learn about the politics, culture and traditions that drive this city once known as Canton, and pay a visit to several key destinations, like the Six Banyan Tree Temple.
End your day with a return trip to Hong Kong and an express train to Kowloon Station, followed by a Hong Kong island transfer. A friendly driver will insure you arrive safely at your hotel after a memorable day touring mainland China.
Please note: Your tour will not be confirmed unless you provide the following information at time of booking, This is required for your China group visa:
- Full Name as per passport
- Date of Birth
- Passport Number
- Passport Expiry Date
- Hotel name while staying in Hong Kong
Please make sure to send the copy of each passenger's passport which show the Full Name, Date of Birth and Passport number to complete the booking process.
A very interesting trip. It was a long day but very enjoyable. The guides Michelle and Richard were excellent.
A long day but totally worth it
This tour was fantastic! From the start on the ferry to Shenzen to the fast train back from Guanzhou was top notch. The tour guide Michelle was very friendly and want out of her way to help us and everyone on the tour. The local guide Albert either knew or made up every fact there was about China. The panda was highlight of the tour.
Our Guangzhou China Day trip was amazing. Our guide was so professional and helpful. The sights were incredible along with some very nice people. Clean bus, boat and trains too. It is a very long day but 100 worth it. Would do it again and would recommend it to anyone.
Very well organised trip and everything went very smoothly. The Guide Alex was very well informed and the local guide Bill was full of facts and figures. An excellent lunch in a local restaurant was included . For me the highlight was definately seeing the Pandas. My only citisism is that because they have a minimum requirement of people for this trip the confirmation that it was going to take place was only received 24hrs before despite me having booked, paid and received confirmation weeks before.
Very full on day but well worth it. Tour leaders were both very good and informative and driver Bill did a excellent job in the traffic. Great inside into the people and culture of China.
We had a wonderful trip! We enjoyed all the sites that we visited including the kindergarten, zoo we saw Pandas! and the temple. The lunch was delicious and we had quite a variety of different foods. Our short visit to the market was interesting since we saw different products such as snakes, turtles, scorpions, etc. Our bus ride to Canton gave us the opportunity to see the countryside. We had a great tour director/guide. He was very knowledgeable and funny. He gave us a very informative lecture on our way to China and was responsive to all our questions. We highly recommend this trip. A long day but worth every second that we visited China. D and A
i enjoyed the complete tour and guides
thank you shaun
Very good day if very long. The 2 hr coach trip to Canton was, to me, the best bit, as one saw so much of rural china.
The tour guide was confident and funny. We were taken about he lower part of china, the tour took a whole day. Learned about the dragons and got to see the panda actually moving, then they just lie there sleeping. Areally interesing and full on tour