- Full-day trip to mainland China from Hong Kong with a professional guide
- Ride a catamaran to Shekou Industrial Zone in Shenzen
- Observe a Chinese panda at Shenzhen Safari Park
- See terracotta warriors from Xian at Shekou’s Exhibition Hall
- Take a guided afternoon tour of Guangzhou, China's largest trading port
- Enjoy Chinese lunch at a local restaurant
- All transport plus group visa are included!
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Pandas and terracotta warriors! It's no surprise that this day trip to mainland China is so popular. You don't have to worry about getting a visa, and the super-scenic ferry ride to China and comfortable train ride back to Hong Kong are extra perks.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Temple of the Six Banyan ...Photo by: DIO C
Australia, 03 2011
- Getting ReadyPhoto by: F M
- China Day Trip March 2015Photo by: Jacky
- chinaPhoto by: Mae S
- Pandas at the ZooPhoto by: Sarah V
- Temple in GuangzhouPhoto by: Calvin W
- Kowloon Walled CityPhoto by: Calvin W
- Chinese Kindergaten visitPhoto by: jan
- Scorpions for salePhoto by: Ronald H
- Buddhist TemplePhoto by: Ronald H
- Shopping street.Photo by: Tstone7330
- Street VendorsPhoto by: Tstone7330
- Market Street ChickensPhoto by: Tstone7330
- Mao ZedongPhoto by: Tstone7330
- Panda one of twoPhoto by: Tstone7330
- Safari Park ZooPhoto by: Tstone7330
- Buddah'sPhoto by: Tstone7330
- Lunch timePhoto by: Tstone7330
- P1000051Photo by: colinriley
- childrenPhoto by: Stafford M
What You Can Expect
After hotel pickup from your central Hong Kong or Kowloon hotel, your full-day trip to mainland China starts with a 50-minute catamaran ride and coach trip to Shekou Industrial Zone. China's first Special Economic Zone and a former customs station, the area served as a base for foreign oil workers in the 1980s. On weekdays, outside school holidays, start with a visit to a kindergarten to meet local children for a glimpse of everyday life the city.
Afterward, it's on to Shenzhen Safari Park to see the Chinese panda, considered to be a national treasure. Located on lovely Xili Lake, the wildlife park is home to rare and nationally protected animals including Asian elephants, red-crowned cranes, Siberian tigers and — of course — pandas!
Once you’ve observed this cuddly creature up close, you'll visit a market (if time permits). Watch as the locals go about their daily shopping, and test out your bargaining skills if you decide to purchase any items.
Your visit to the Exhibition Hall in Shekou is a must! See a display of Qin Dynasty terracotta warriors and horses unearthed in Xian — acclaimed as the Eighth Wonder of the World. You'll also find bronze wares more than 2,000 years old, wall paintings, and porcelain and pottery from the Tang Dynasty, all unearthed in Xian. Listen as your guide describes the significance of the terracotta army sculptures, which date back to the 3rd century BC and were buried to protect Qin Shi Huang, the first Emperor of China.
Your coach tour continues to Guangzhou, the third largest city in China. After lunch at a local Chinese restaurant, embark on a city sightseeing tour of this bustling metropolis — the political, economic and cultural heart of Guangdong province. View highlights including the Six Banyan Tree Temple and the Memorial Hall of Dr. Sun Yat Sen as your guide informs your group about this important hub on the Pearl River.
Your day trip to mainland China ends with an accompanied return to Hong Kong by express train to Kowloon Station, followed by a Hong Kong Island transfer (if applicable) and drop-off at your hotel.
Please note: Your tour will not be confirmed unless you provide the following information at time of booking. This is required for your China group visa.
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Hotel name while staying in Hong Kong
Click on "View Additional Info" for the hotel pickup list
i enjoyed the complete tour and guides
thank you shaun
Very good day if very long. The 2 hr coach trip to Canton was, to me, the best bit, as one saw so much of rural china.
The tour guide was confident and funny. We were taken about he lower part of china, the tour took a whole day. Learned about the dragons and got to see the panda actually moving, then they just lie there sleeping. Areally interesing and full on tour
Amazing day. Also a very long day. Highly recommend bringing some food and drinks with. Lots of transit time.
Gary M United States of ...
Long day - Leaving at 7 AM returning at 12 AM. This was a nice tour and worth the time. I enjoyed seeing the sights on the boat and bus rides from place to place. It was nice to get on a direct train back to Hong Kong! Glad tour director said that lunch would be very late in the day so that we had time to get food before starting the trip!
Excellent tour, very friendly guide. Great day!
This tour was so great!!
Such a long day but so much to see and do, it was worth every cent. Very interesting and so much fun, I highly recommended this if you are in Hong Kong.
Our tour guides 'Michelle' and 'Richard' were so great, thanks for the awesome day/night guys :
Had an absolutely fantastic time. Our tour guide Michelle looked after us from the moment she collected us to the moment she dropped us back at hotel. Her commentary on the sites and tour was excellent. Michelle kept the group together, so everyone could enjoy the day. The tour was a big day but was the highlight for my wife and I on our Hong Kong holiday.
loved it. Michelle was fantastic. Had a great day.
It was an amazing tour so interesting. My first China experience Thank you to Alex and the team for a great day