- Day trip to Macau from Hong Kong by catamaran or jetfoil
- Explore evocative UNESCO World Heritage Sites like the Ruins of St Paul and the A-Ma Temple
- Drive along the Guia Circuit where the Macau Grand Prix is held
- See modern developments like the Macau Tower, the 11th highest tower in the world
- Visit Macau Casino and try your hand at a card table
- Enjoy a delectable lunch in a local Macau restaurant
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Our best-selling Hong Kong tour is a convenient way to check out Macau from Hong Kong! Everything's covered – from pickup to ferry rides to entrance fees to lunch – and you get to see all the highlights in a full, but well-paced, day.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Kun Iam StatuePhoto by: GLEN M
Australia, 07 2012
- Ruins of St Paul's Church ...Photo by: TriciaB
- Port - Welcome to MacauPhoto by: Simon P
United Kingdom, 09 2008
- ChurchPhoto by: Simon P
United Kingdom, 09 2008
- Senado SquarePhoto by: Bill604
- Ruins of St. PaulPhoto by: Bill604
- Grand Emperor hotel MacauPhoto by: Nabil B
- Ruins of St. Pauls CathedralPhoto by: Yvonne L
- Day Trip to Macau - Yummy Egg ...Photo by: Yvonne L
- Old Church front in Macau.Photo by: rob-anne
- Venice in MacauPhoto by: Vohie
Australia, 05 2015
- View From AbovePhoto by: Annette F
- Gold bullionsPhoto by: Lioudmila K
- Macao towerPhoto by: Lioudmila K
- Nice architecturePhoto by: Lioudmila K
- TemplePhoto by: R W C
- Cotai Water JetPhoto by: George K
- Macau TowerPhoto by: George K
- Grand Lisbon CasinoPhoto by: MVIC
Australia, 04 2014
- photo of the church that was ...Photo by: kelvin f
What You Can Expect
Take a scenic drive through the Guia Circuit and see where the famed Macau Grand Prix is held each year. The tight corners and quick elevation gains make this street circuit one of the most challenging on earth.
Pay a visit to Kun Iam Temple, where a young Marco Polo studied Buddhism. Listen in as your expert guide explains the significance of a bronze figure of Kum Iam—the goddess of Mercy.
After you’ve taken in the temple, head to the top of the 11th tallest tower on earth. Entry to the observation deck is optional (own expense) but the views are worth it, so be sure to carry your camera!
Next venture into Macau’s historical center where A-Ma Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, was built in 1488. You’ll learn about classical Chinese architecture and explore the grounds before enjoying a traditional lunch at a local restaurant.
Make one last historical stop at the Ruins of St Paul—an ancient complex that used to be the site of the Cathedral of St Paul and St Paul’s College. Built in the 16th century by Christian exiles, a trip to the top of the ruin’s 66 steps offers up incredible views of the stone carvings and structural remnants around the site.
Finally, head to the Macau Casino for one last adventure and place your bets in the premiere card room. Play a hand or simply take in all of the excitement before heading back to Hong Kong by catamaran or jetfoil and returning to your hotel.
It was wonderful, well planned and well guided by all the personal involved, specially the guide in Macau named Mario.
The tour was great Saw much more than expected. Well organised and the guide was terrific
Mychal United States of ...
The long day is worth it on this day tour from HK to Macau. Miguel our tour guide was excellent, funny and kept the tour moving along all day. Would have like to spend more time in the old town portion of Macau vs seeing the casino, but all in all I highly recommend this tour to anyone wanting a quick overview of the area. I'm looking forward to returning and exploring more of this interesting city on my own.
This was a great tour! our guide Cisco was so engaging and charismatic. we really got to see the amazing sites of Macau with him. He kept the tour moving and the fact that he can speak all these languages made it super entertaining. The tour was great but I would recommend that instead of a lunch at a hotel, that a more authentic experience can be had. I would have liked to have lunch a little more locally then a buffet lunch at a hotel. that would be my one change.
Michelle L C Australia
The whole day was great! The guide, Mario, was very knowledgeable and entertaining. He was so good he even organised for us to be viewing the Macau Tower when someone bungee jumped off it! Haha! The visit to the Venetian Casino and the Grand Canals of Shoppes was something to remember. It was a great day out from start to finish.
Nuestro guía Cisco fue muy bueno. Excelente guía y excelente tour.
Excellent tour, our guide MARIO was fantastic. He knew so much about Macao and its history. The ruins of Saint Paul are excellent, place for pictures.
Well organized tour, smooth and fast boatride from HK to Macau. Our guide Cisco was very friendly and knowledgable. We visited all major sights, including the observation deck of Macau Tower without any waiting. It was fun to do this trip!
A great day trip from Hong Kong , interesting guides and info on Macau
This was an excellent day tour and really informative. The tour director was fantastic so funny and nice.
Anita and Alan Wright