Make your own way to the cooking school in Kowloon, where you’ll meet your professional instructor. During this hands-on cooking class, you and your small group make curry pastes and soup bases — the most important element of most Southeast Asian dishes — from scratch.
Your lesson will feature one of four mouthwatering menus (see options below), each featuring a different regional cuisine, including Thai, Vietnamese, Malaysian and Indian. You’ll create the most sumptuous of curries, stir-fries or soups — such as Malaysian laksa (spicy curried noodle soup), Thai tom yum (hot and sour soup) and Vietnamese pho (broth with meat and herbs) — and prepare popular side dishes like papaya salad and chapatti atta (Indian flatbread).
Learn how to use a concoction of aromatics spices, and master the delicate balance of sweet, sour and spicy flavors that make each savory cuisine so irresistible. Afterward, feast on your creations, along with a complimentary non-alcoholic drink, for lunch or dinner (depending on your selection).
Bring a container for any leftovers you can’t eat, and receive a jar of homemade chutney or spices to take home with you!
Sample Menu (may vary according to the seasonality of ingredients)
- Homemade Thai curry or tom yum koong (vegetarian options available)
- Papaya or pomelo salad
- Fish cakes, basil tofu or chicken
- Homemade cucumber relish
- Authentic pad Thai or garlic fried rice
- Authentic chicken or vegetarian pho
- Vietnamese summer rolls
- Vietnamese tea
- Authentic laksa or vegetarian laksa
- Bael fruit tea
- Sindhi-style yellow dhal soup
- Coconut and mustard seed beans
- Kitchari (Basmati rice with lentils)
- Baked masala sole fish or chicken
- Chapatti atta