- Full-day private tour to Cairo from Hurghada with round-trip private transfers
- Witness the best of Egypt’s capital in one unforgettable day
- Marvel at the pyramids and Sphinx at Giza, once ranked as an Ancient Wonder of the World
- See the spectacular Tutankhamun collection at the Egyptian Museum, including the boy king’s death mask
- Scout out souvenirs at the Khan el-Khalili bazaar, Cairo’s mesmerizing main souk
- Stop for an included lunch and visit a papyrus institute
- Enjoy a flexible itinerary and personalized commentary from an Egyptologist guide in Cairo
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Pamela C United Kingdom
James H United Kingdom
Shane A United Kingdom
Lee S United Kingdom
Stephen S USA
We started our day at 2.30am and there was a long journey ahead of us- over 6 hours in a minibus waking up at rush hour in Cairo where traffic and pedestrians are mental- bikes, taxis, lorries coaches and cars swerving through roads built for 2 lanes where 4 sometimes 6 try and squeeze with people navigating the danger. We arrived at the Cairo museum exhausted and met our guide - Henry. He was excellent, friendly, welcoming, extremely knowledgeable and the best part of our trip. He showed us the highlights of the sights in the museum stopping for coffee to wake us up and then we headed to lunch overlooking the pyramids. We then headed to a papyrus factory and silver/gold cartouche design place with very good quality products- much better than tourist rubbish. Then the highlight of the tour- the Great Pyramid which is staggering in size and well worth the entrance price. We went inside the Pyramid but it would be very difficult for people with mobility problems as we encountered a group of elderly Asian ladies struggling at one particularly point. The panoramic view of the three great pyramids with the Sahara as the backdrop was majestic. We then visited the Sphynx and Henry took us to a private viewing point superb for photos of the Sphynx and the pyramids. After this we visited a cotton factory lovely bedsheets for a decent price.
The journey back was crazy as the junior driver of the two overtook lorries on blind bends and went so fast that I hit my head a few times on the seats and the roof!
All in all it was a very good trip with the journey there and back being the one drawback- we should have booked the internal flight to Cairo from Hurghada which would have massively improved this trip.
Keith T United Arab Emirates
Krassimira I Germany