- 6-hour evening Northern Lights trip by jeep
- Go underground in the fascinating lava caves beneath the Blue Mountains
- Dine on fresh Icelandic lobster at the prestigious Rauda Husid restaurant in Eyrarbakki
- See the elusive yet spectacular Northern Lights
- Learn about the Northern Lights in Iceland from your friendly guide
In your quest to see the mystical Northern Lights for yourself, your expert guide will collect you by jeep from your Reykjavik hotel, and whisk you away to find the best aurora sightseeing spots that only the locals know.
As the Icelandic skies need to reach an optimum level of darkness before the lights appear, head off first to explore the lava caves under the Blue Mountains, about 25 minutes from the center of Reykjavik. As you walk down into the caves with your guide, learn about volcanic activity that produced this magical subterranean wonder world. See fascinating rock formations and glistening icicles – a sight to remember!
After you’ve worked up an appetite, dinner is the next item on your evening agenda. At the acclaimed seafood restaurant Rauda Husid, in the quaint coastal village of Eyrarbakki, a two-course feast awaits. With your guide, dine on the restaurant’s renowned Icelandic lobster, plus a dessert of your choice. Drinks are available at your own expense.
The Northern Lights can only be seen far away from city lights, so the countryside around tiny Eyrarbakki is the ideal spot for catching the show. With cloudless weather (and a little bit of luck!) you should be able to witness the stunning, elusive Northern Lights before returning to your Reykjavik hotel.