- 1.5-hour Tyrolean folk show in Innsbruck including a drink
- Spend a fun-filled evening at Sandwirt Restaurant with the Gundolf family
- See traditional dances that have been passed down through the generations
- Clap and sing along with the Schuhplattler – a fast-paced dance
- Upgrade to include a 3-course Austrian meal while watching the show
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This is a must-do show if you want to see traditional Austrian yodeling and dancing on a fun night out! I like the way the Gundolf family make everyone feel welcome, catering to visitors from all over the globe. They even sing some songs in different languages!
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Upon arrival you'll be served a complimentary drink (a glass of beer, wine or a soft drink) and then take your seat to watch the 1.5-hour show. Dressed in typical Austrian attire of lederhosen and dirndls, the dancers will keep you entertained with raucous yodeling, cow-bell ringing and folk dancing. Clap along with dances like the Schuhplattler, a jig where shoes are slapped at each other (originally danced by Tyrolean men to woo the ladies), and then stamp your feet to the woodchopper’s dance -- Tiroler Holzhackertanz.
If you’re eager to really immerse yourself in Austrian culture for the evening, then upgrade to include a 3-course meal with your show. Eat either before or during the performance, feasting on Austrian specialties like wiener schnitzel (breaded pork scallops served with lemon). See below for a sample menu.
After the show, you'll be taken back to your hotel.
- Tyrolean herbal cream soup
- Wiener schnitzel from pork with potatoes and salad
- Apple strudel with cream
The Tyrolean abend is just superb! Our guide Ingrid, who picked us up at the hotel, is very polite and friendly.
Brilliant evening out. Food was good, staff were very happy and friendly and the show was great for all ages. Our 6 year old enjoyed it as much as we did. Would definitely book again if we were in Innsbruck.