- Full-day Isle of Skye tour from Inverness
- Pass Loch Ness and stop for incredible views at Eilean Donan Castle
- Travel through iconic Highland scenery to the Kyle of Lochalsh
- Cross Skye Bridge and stop for lunch in Broadford
- Walk along the shores of Loch Slappin and spend time at leisure in Egol
- Visit Eilean Ban island, home of Gavin Maxwell, author of the Ring of Bright Water
Continue traveling through pretty glens like Glen Moriston, and then pass alongside the Five Sisters mountain range. Stop outside Eilean Donan Castle to admire its incredibly picturesque ruins sprawled across the banks of three spectacular lochs.
At the Kyle of Lochalsh, cross the famous Skye Bridge to reach the Isle of Skye itself. First stop is at the island’s second-largest settlement, Broadford, where you’ll visit a charming local inn for lunch (own expense). Then your tour of this beautiful island begins! Following the coastal road to Glen Suardal, pass the iconic Red Cuilin Hills and enjoy sweeping views of pretty Bla Bhein (Blanven Mountain) from the village of Torrin.
Take a stroll with your guide around the banks of Loch Slappin – one of Scotland’s most photographed lochs. As you amble around this picturesque spot, your guide will indulge you in the local pastime of beachcombing – scouting the shores for interesting rocks and fossils. After walking along the shores, enjoy a steep walk up Strathaird Peninsula to reach the tiny village of Egol. Spend time at leisure here, soaking up the stunning sea views across to Rum.
Your journey back passes the little island of Eilean Ban, home to a large colony of otters and a wealth of wildlife. The famous British writer Gavin Maxwell calls Eilean Ban home, and the wildlife here influenced his best-selling novel, Ring of Bright Water. Head back to Inverness via the village of Achnasheen and the dramatic Black Isle, arriving in the early evening.