- 5-day tour of Turkey’s Aegean region from Istanbul
- Experience the highlights of several ancient Greek cities and enjoy enlightening commentary from your local guide
- Tour battlefields on the Gallipoli Peninsula and visit the ancient city of Troy, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit well-preserved ancient ruins in Pergamum and Ephesus
- Admire white limestone terraces in Pamukkale and soak in the hot springs of Hierapolis
- Four nights of accommodation, daily meals and transport by air-conditioned coach included
- Small-group tour limited to 20 people ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
- EphesusPhoto by: MIRIAM F
- PergamumPhoto by: MIRIAM F
- GallipoliPhoto by: MIRIAM F
- bergamaPhoto by: hmanvu
- pamukkalePhoto by: hmanvu
- HierapolisPhoto by: Hazel S
- Ancient library in EphesusPhoto by: Hazel S
- AcropolisPhoto by: Hazel S
- KusadasiPhoto by: DeanC
Canada, 05 2013
- Pamukkale hot springsPhoto by: Maria C
Canada, 03 2013
What You Can Expect
Good company of Aussies and Kiwis which makes this trip excellent. Not to forget a couple of South Africans. Hotel choices were good enough and we visited all the relevant historical sites.
Fez travel provided a superb driver and an outstanding tour guide Mahmet. My wife and I considered it the absolute highlight of our two weeks in Turkey
Great tour, excellent tour guide and driver.
Great tour. Had a guide that new everything there was to know about Ancient Turkey. He also looked identical to Jerramy Clarkson. It was a small group tour and were we surprised about the quality of the hotels we stayed in! Beautiful. All meals were buffay and included in the price.
If you are looking to party this is not the tour for you. However if you love history and want to see different ages of Turkey then its for you. Thanks for everything I will never forget my time in Turkey.
This was a fabulous tour, nicely paced, good hotels and reasonable times to visit the sights. Gallipoli and Ephesus were the favourite sights
The tour was comprehensive but not overwhelming, with a good mix of scheduled and free time. The guide was great. The guests all got along really well. The hotels were generally fine, and the food quite good.
We enjoyed our tour very much and had a great travel group. Hotels were definitely good especially our suite in Kusadaci. Lots of choice in the dinner buffets. We had enough room in the bus to spread out and be comfortable.
Very enjoyable. Particularly liked Ephusus, Pamukkale and Bursa. Would have liked a full day exploring Pamukkale and more time in Bursa. Would benefit from better explanation and more detailed itinerary. Guide and driver particularly personable. Accommodation was all good and optional extras were highlights
Fabulous, fabulous value for money, we would highly recommend this tour to anyone. It was jammed packed with site visits. The length of time spent at each site was enough. Our tour guide was a real character as well as being very informative - an added bonus. Typical of Turkish tours, the tour included several visits to shopping venues, some of which for us were tiresome. We had wished t times we could have spent the time at the historical sites but realize some of the others on the tour like these sorts of things. Overall the site visits and shopping stops were reasonably balanced.
I have used Viator in the past and have been generally pleased with the service. This tour included travelers who booked through various agencies. Most had a detailed itinerary (14+ pages) and were disappointed that Viator hadn't provided this to us. However this is not in the least to diminish the experience of the tour in itself.
Our guide, Ilker, was THE BEST guide we have ever experienced. He was skilled at making the stones of the monuments and temples come alive with history. He connected with the tour goers on a caring and personal level. What a gem! Ahmet our driver was invincible. One suggestion: drive through Pamukkale and on to Bursa. We needed more time to enjoy that lovely city. The Five Star hotel in Pamukkale was very disappointing.
Please don't miss Pergamum, Troy, and Ephesus. These were wonderful sites to visit! Thank you again Ilker!! - Inez and Jean