This small-group tour is limited to 20 people and ends in Istanbul with a return flight from Cappadocia.
- Round-trip full-day tour from Istanbul to Cappadocia
- Discover Özkonak Underground City, an ancient site built on the slopes of Mt Idis
- Visit Uchisar, the tallest point in Cappadocia, and Devrent Valley, home to unusual natural rock formations
- Learn about Cappadocia's history at the Open-Air Museum in Goreme
- Round-trip flight from Istanbul included
- Small-group tour limited to 20 people ensures a more personalized experience
Continue your tour by coach to Devrent Valley to admire its clustered collections of volcanic cones and other unique rock formations. Learn about the fascinating erosion process from your guide, and then head to Pasabag (Monks Valley), where you’ll discover its interesting mushroom-shaped pinnacles. After lunch at a local restaurant (included), continue to the citadel of Uchisar and see the tallest point in Cappadocia. Next, visit the Open-Air Museum in Goreme to see the remains of Christian settlements and rock-cut churches that date back thousands of years.
Finally, head to your last stop, Avanos, where you will participate in a pottery-making workshop. As you create your own pottery masterpiece, learn about the ancient art of pottery-marking in Turkey. At the end of your tour, you’ll be taken to the Kayseri airport for your flight return to Istanbul.