- 3-hour Byzantine history tour of Istanbul by luxury coach
- Discover the ancient city of Constantinople and learn about the city’s significant early Christian sites
- Visit the Ecumencial Orthodox Patriarchate in Fener, home to the ceremonial head of the Greek Orthodox church
- See a shrine to the Holy Virgin at the Church of St Mary of Blachernae
- Explore the ruins of ancient Blachernae Palace and see Anemas Dungeons
- Walk around the Walls of Constantinople, admiring the remains of old city gates and towers
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
If you visit Istanbul, you have to see this.
What You Can Expect
Vickie T Australia
Great tour and well organized
The tour was great! The staff was knowledgable and took us to so many places I wouldn't had been able to find on my own. I recommend the tour for art historians and also for many Greeks who want to discover the beauty and history of the Byzantine Empire
very well organized and presented history of the Byzantine Empire
Interesting tour. It was nice to get out to other neighbourhoods during our stay. The Chora church was beautiful, definitely worth seeing. Our tour was much shorter than the advertised duration however and it would've been nice to have the extra time to explore.
This was good as far as it went but it was a very short tour i.e under 2 hours total [ although the hotel transfer was 90 minutes each way]. It was very interesting to visit the lovely Chorea Monastary and 2 Orthodox churches. However that was it. I had mainly booked the tour to be able to actually walk about on the walls of Constantinople but we had no more than a quick glimpse as we drove past on the bus so that was disappointing. Many of the people on the bus had also been on a tour in the morning and were not that mobile and the weather was not great so possibly the tour was shorter than usual.
I was so disappointed to discover that 2 of the 5 places we were supposed to visit were closed for renovations (and will be for the next few months), so we just stopped in front of them in the bus. If they know you can't go to all the places they should either discount the trip or replace them with something else.
This tour was ok - a good supplement to the other main tours if you have more days. I would recommend doing the others first.