- Half-day Dolmabahçe Palace walking tour in Istanbul
- Admire the palace’s Ottoman and European architecture before stepping inside
- Explore Dolmabahçe Palace’s public rooms including the Crystal Staircase and the Medhal Hall
- Learn about Mustafa Atatürk, the first president of the Republic of Turkey, who lived and died in the palace
- Cross Bosphorus Bridge by luxury coach and enjoy panoramic city views from Çamlıca Hill or Yeditepe
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Head inside and explore the sumptuous public rooms with your guide, learning about the sultans who once made the palace their home. Extravagance abounds around every corner -- watch for exquisite crystal chandeliers that frame opulent marble rooms.
Walk through the Medhal Hall and up the Crystal Staircase. Learn about Mustafa Atatürk – the first president of the Republic of Turkey. Listen about this much-revered dignitary from your guide, and hear how all the palace’s clocks were stopped at the time of his death – precisely 9:05am.
After your tour of the palace, hop back on board your coach and travel along Bosphorus Bridge – the iconic crossing that links the European and Asian continents. Before returning to your hotel, your tour takes you to either Çamlıca Hill or Yeditepe (depending on traffic conditions on the day). Both places are glorious vantage points from which you can see sweeping panoramic views over the city below – the perfect ending to your Istanbul tour!
Well worth a visit. Still mostly furnished so able to see how the last sultans actually lived [ Topkapi Palace older and also very interesting but more of a museum]. Also lovely setting on the Bosphorous. Very good guide and hotel transfers went smoothly. Not enough time to see much of the harem unfortunately but otherwise excellent tour.
More than excellent. Had a grt time!! Recommended!