- 4-hour Turkish food and culture tour with an expert local guide
- Visit a typical Turkish family home in Istanbul’s Sultanahmet neighborhood
- Feast on a 3-course home-cooked meal while chatting with friendly hosts
- Learn about the city’s cosmopolitan culture while exploring the backstreets
- Take part in popular Turkish pastimes: football, backgammon, drinking tea or smoking a shisha pipe!
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people ensures personalized attention
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
If you would love to try Turkish home-made food and get more involved with the locals, then this tour was made for you!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- My mother in law trying outPhoto by: Patricia P
- at the shisha barPhoto by: Patricia P
- Tea timePhoto by: Patricia P
- stuffed auberginePhoto by: Patricia P
- shisha pipePhoto by: Patricia P
- Serving teaPhoto by: Patricia P
- Our host serving teaPhoto by: Patricia P
- our host bringing breadPhoto by: Patricia P
- My father in lawPhoto by: Patricia P
- More tea coming up!Photo by: Patricia P
- Lentil soupPhoto by: Patricia P
- In the kitchenPhoto by: Patricia P
- Dinner at our hostPhoto by: Patricia P
- bread and yogurt.Photo by: Patricia P
- bread and mezePhoto by: Patricia P
- with our host.JPGPhoto by: Patricia P
- a fine spreadPhoto by: donald r
- My fellow dinersPhoto by: donald r
- the scenePhoto by: William K
- Our Wonderful HostessPhoto by: John T
What You Can Expect
The tour was very good. We arrived at our host's home to a very warm welcome. The food especially the lentil soup was amazing. The conversations with our guide about Turkey were very illuminating as well.
The family was amazing and we loved our guide!
The family was friendly and made me feel welcome and it was nice to sit and talk with them, and the guide was extra special with his friendliness, I was impressed.
Jenna A United States of ...
EXCELLENT tour. Good food, a wonderful guide who was a great interpreter. I had such a good time! SO WORTH IT!
A wonderful experience with a very friendly and informative guide. The dinner host was very hospitable and the food was simple but delicious! My fellow tourists were also a great bunch. Sadly I fell prey to scam artists whilst in Istanbul and lost a considerable amount of money. I would recommend that visitors to Istanbul only use reputable tour agencies such as Viator.
Better than expected! I am always skeptical of organized tours, but this one caught my eye. We were a group of 6 with our guide, Himet. She was very friendly, open to any questions, and offered us great conversation. We had dinner in the home of Sarai, with her 3 kids helping out with the serving. The food was excellent, and we really felt we were getting a glimpse of normal life, away from all the tourist show. The hosts were gracious and also happy to entertain our questions. After dinner, we walked to a nargile garden for another Turkish experience. Himet then walked us back to the meeting spot, and then ended up walking and talking me back to my hotel, which was close to her tram stop. I'm really glad I did this! We walked to and from the home - a short walk on hilly/cobbled streets, so you'll want appropriate shoes.
Being the only one on this tour, my guide Tolga as well as my host family made me feel extremely welcome indeed. This is a fantastic way to be able to meet with locals, learn about their customs, enjoy traditional Turkish food, and revel in the culture of it all. I highly recommend this food and cultural tour to anyone visiting Istanbul...
Lots of fun! The meal was delicious yet humble, served in the home of our beautiful host. Then it was vargîle (water pipe) time! It was great to mingle with locals.
Our tour guide was excellent and we were able to experience some true Turkish culture.