- Full-day Istanbul sightseeing tour with an expert guide and lunch included
- Visit Hagia Sophia, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and marvel at its Ottoman and Byzantine architecture
- Walk around the Blue Mosque and then visit Topkapi Palace
- Pass top Istanbul attractions like the Hippodrome and the Golden Horn
- Explore the Grand Bazaar
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned coach
What You Can Expect
Continue to the nearby Blue Mosque, passing Istanbul Hippodrome on the way. Chariot races were held here at the time of the Ottoman Empire, and it gained a reputation as the hub of sporting and political activity in the city. Before entering the mosque, stop for photos and gaze in admiration at its six minarets that provide an iconic backdrop to Istanbul’s cityscape. Then head inside to marvel at its ceiling, adorned with bright blue Iznik tiles that attribute to the mosque’s name.
Prepare for an assault on your senses at the nearby Grand Bazaar as you browse the bustling shops and stalls that spill out into its frankincense-scented lanes. Pedaling everything from Turkish carpets to kebabs, this frantic market can be daunting to visitors, so let your guide show off its highlights while you soak up its ambiance.
Stop for lunch in a local restaurant, and then travel by coach to Topkapi Palace – one of the world’s oldest and biggest palaces. Now a significant museum, the palace seems to drip with dazzling ornamentation and artifacts at every turn. Explore its courtyards with your guide, and learn about the sultans and their harems that lived here from the 15th century.
Your tour finishes at your central Istanbul hotel.