Numbers are limited to 12 on this small-group tour, ensuring personalized attention from a guide.
- 2.5-hour Istanbul street food tour with a local guide
- Explore the Spice Bazaar and the discover stalls that are popular with the locals
- Sample pastirma (dried beef) and Turkish delight while chatting to traders
- Walk through the bustling markets at Galata Bridge
- Sit down for a picnic, feasting on food and drinks from the Spice Bazaar
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
While exploring and chatting with the friendly traders, your guide will buy the food for your picnic. The foods vary per season, but expect treats like pastirma, olives, nuts, halva (sweet pastry), simit (bagel-like bread with toasted sesame seeds). Choose from a traditional yogurt drink or soft drink, too.
Stroll away from the bazaar, walking along Galata Bridge – a place that bustles with market stalls, all catering to Istanbul’s commuters. A haven for gourmands on the move, the market here stocks tasty delights such as roasted chestnuts, spicy pickled vegetables, and sweet doughnuts soaked in syrup. Peruse the stalls and pick up some treats if you wish (own expense), and then walk to a grassy area nearby for your picnic.
Settle down on the grass and tuck in to your feast as your guide talks to you about picnic traditions and popular Turkish snacks. After relaxing with great food and conversation, stroll to Eminonu Port in the center of town (close to all amenities), where your tour finishes.