If you want to experience an ultimate evening of belly dancing fun, upgrade to include a show, 5-course dinner and hotel drop-off after the class finishes.
- Private belly dancing class at the prestigious Sultanas dance hall in Istanbul
- Learn how to perform the ancient dance with tuition from one of the venue’s professional belly dancers
- Use dancing accessories to help perform sensual moves such as a stomach ripple and hip swing
- Choose from a 1- or 2-hour belly dancing class to hone your skills
- Upgrade to include a belly dancing performance and 5-course Turkish dinner after the class
What You Can Expect
Learn of the differences between Romany, Turkish and Arabic belly dancing styles, and discover how to perform classic moves such as a hip lift and stomach ripple with the use of dancing accessories. In time to music, dance alongside your instructor, copying the body posture and energetic movements in time to the beats. Rest assured that no matter what standard you are, your instructor will help you learn at a pace that suits you best, offering patient coaching and plenty of helpful tips.
After your class, enjoy a drink in the venue’s atmospheric bar where your experience finishes. Alternatively, if you have upgraded to the class with show and dinner, make your way to the changing rooms to freshen up and get changed into smart-casual dress, and then head to the auditorium to watch the dancers on stage.
Take a seat at your table near the stage, and watch three top Istanbul belly dancers, one of which is your instructor, perform on stage, exuding passion for their centuries-old, sensual form of art. Marvel at the fast-paced choreography and clap along to music performed by the venue’s musicians and singers.
Feast your eyes on your food as well as the antics on stage, as you enjoy your 5-course dinner. Dishes change on occasion, but you can always expect traditional Turkish specialties as well as a unlimited house wine or local alcohol (not imported) or soft drinks, if you prefer something non-alcoholic. When the show finishes, end your experience with a drop-off at your central Istanbul hotel.
Turkish meze comprising the following small-plate dishes:
- Stuffed vine leaves with haydari (garlic, mint and yoghurt dip) and acılı ezme (onion, pepper and tomato dip)
- Tabboulah (bulgur wheat with finely diced garlic, lemon, mint, olive oil, onion, parsley and tomato)
- Çerkez tavuğu (Circassian chicken with a walnut sauce)
- Turkish white cheese with white beans dressed in olive oil, tomato and cucumber
- Dish of the day
- Mediterranean salad with cucumber, feta cheese and tomatoes
- Grilled chicken breast with mashed potato, grilled vegetables and steamed rice
- Mixed Grill including Lamb chops, chicken, meatballs with rice and mashed potatoes
- Grilled fish of the season
- Turkish pudding and seasonal fruit