- Full-day private tour of Istanbul and its main attractions
- Superb Blue Mosque
- Historic Hagia Sophia and its Byzantine mosaics
- Underground Cistern or Nakkas Cistern
- Ottoman architecture and museums of Topkapi Palace
- Shopping heaven in the Grand Bazaar
- Lunch included
- Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your English-speaking guide on this special private tour
- Pick-up and drop-off from central Istanbul hotels
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Blue MosquePhoto by: Anonymous
- Private Istanbul in One Day ...Photo by: Theodore F
- La mosquée bleue depuis ...Photo by: Henri B
- 10257787_1262763057073478_4156 ...Photo by: Anneke
- 1025979_1262763473740103_68505 ...Photo by: Anneke
- 12465828_1262763790406738_6610 ...Photo by: Anneke
- Jewel on the Bosphorus ...Photo by: Anneke
- 12465992_1262822123734238_8742 ...Photo by: Anneke
- 886395_1262822240400893_839423 ...Photo by: Anneke
- 10623450_1262823180400799_3908 ...Photo by: Anneke
- 10265638_1262834513732999_8096 ...Photo by: Anneke
- Scenic IstanbulPhoto by: Anneke
- 920638_1262764720406645_550293 ...Photo by: Anneke
- 12418968_1262765043739946_5664 ...Photo by: Anneke
- 773756_1262765123739938_328176 ...Photo by: Anneke
- Istanbul :a winter wonderlandPhoto by: Anneke
- 1412316_1263433163673134_43420 ...Photo by: Anneke
- 1933229_1263434177006366_39158 ...Photo by: Anneke
- 10636540_1263434307006353_7409 ...Photo by: Anneke
- 12471665_1263435457006238_8212 ...Photo by: Anneke
What You Can Expect
I can highly recommend the private sightseeing tour in Istanbul. Luck also did play a crucial part in our day as there was snow on the day of our tour, which transformed Istanbul into a winter wonderland for the day.
Our tour guide Ilker Ulus was very knowledgable and friendly and took us to see all the relevant tourist attractions such as the Blue Mosque, the Hagia Sophia and the Topikapi Palace. What was great about this tour however was the fact that we were also shown lesser known attractions such as the Cisterns- where a scene from the James Bond movie From Russia With Love was filmed and a private pottery demonstration in a family owned shop that has been around for generations.
We we're also treated to a lovely three course Turkish meal- this was one of the highlights of the day. Ilker also took us to the Spice Market in town and introduced us to some of his local friends that have one of the finest establishments in the market. We bought some of the best Turkish Delight we had ever had as well as other Turkish delicacies ask Ilker to recommend some treats!.
What made this tour great for our family was the flexibility of the tour and Ilker. We could decide what we wanted to do after seeing all the main attractions and Ilker had a great knowledge of all the things that we were interested in. Ilker ended up taking us to a leather factory store that supplies many of the famous Italian brands.
This tour is an absolute must and the guide, Ilker is also highly recommended!
Great tour. We were able to go to front of line and was able to get most of highlights in one day.
If you want an in-depth, personal, well researched tour of Istanbul you have found the ideal company with passionate and charismatic guides!
From start to finish our guide Hakan made this an incredible experience. A warm and friendly start to the tour, we made little use of the incredibly luxurious bus but had access to it at any point that we required it. Hakan was passionate about the city and its history, his knowledge was matched by his charisma and the ease of his manner. He fitted an incredible amount into one day without us ever feeling rushed or pressurised.
This was an excellent tour. We had a great day with our guide Hakan. He was excellent! Lovely day.
Very good and the guide was very helpful
Lunch was very good
The guide was fantastic. He was very professional and personable. It was one of the best tours we have ever experienced. Well worth the money.
Our experience on this tour with Hakin was fantastic. He was prompt, professional, knowledgeable and friendly. He answered all of our questions and was apleasure to be with for 2 days. I highly recommend Viator for private tours. The van was clean and 5 star!! Everything about our experience was perfect!
signed up for a 1 Day tour .. Tour guide assigned was a great Lady Ms Gulay Gunay.
the Bosphorus cruise tour was fabulous.. lucky to have met with a sunny day..
The guide did a great job on the tour despite the Islamic holiday. The only problem was that the guide was sent tp the wrong hotel.
Amazing adventure with a phenomenal guide named Borak. Luckily we were the only two who toured with him that day. Great because our cruise cancelled their tour due to security concerns. That meant without this availability we would have been in Istanbul on our own. Face it: questions answered, history shared and skipping long lines? Priceless!! thanks so much.