- Day trip to Troy from Istanbul by luxury coach
- Enjoy a seafood lunch in the coastal town of Eceabat
- Travel by ferry from Eceabat to Canakkale, and then visit the UNESCO-listed archaeological site of Troy
- Walk around the ruins of Troy with your guide and hear tales of the Trojan War
- Visit the wooden Trojan Horse statue before returning to Istanbul
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Ruins of troyPhoto by: Gavin C
- Replica Wooden Horse of TroyPhoto by: Patrick K
- TroyPhoto by: Anthony B
USA, 08 2014
- 3042.jpgPhoto by: Dario M
- 3039.jpgPhoto by: Dario M
- 3008.jpgPhoto by: Dario M
- 2975.jpgPhoto by: Dario M
- 2950.jpgPhoto by: Dario M
- 2945.jpgPhoto by: Dario M
- 2937.jpgPhoto by: Dario M
- 2936.jpgPhoto by: Dario M
- Turkish coffeePhoto by: Benjamin
- View of the different levelsPhoto by: Benjamin
- TreasurePhoto by: Ginger
- Troia WallPhoto by: Ginger
- Inside the Trojan HorsePhoto by: Ginger
- Bus, Ferry, Mini busPhoto by: Ginger
- TroiaPhoto by: Ginger
What You Can Expect
Very friendly and nice driver.
Very Informative and helpful tour guide.
nathan.mccarry United States of ...
As the other reviews said, it is a long day but really worth it. The van driver and tour guide were both excellent. We learned so much history not just about Troy but about the site going back to BC times. We didn't realize until we had the tour that length of the history 8 layers of different times being built and more being found. The site is well laid out and easy to get around with amenities such as very clean restrooms and a gift shop. We would highly recommend devoting a day to going as you get to see so much of the Turkey outside Istabnbul and how people live.
What a fabulous visit to Troy! The bus picked us up from our hotel on time, was very comfortable and the guide made time pass quickly. The lunch was delicious. Troy was spectacular though it really helped to have researched the site before visiting to make sense of the different levels. I've read about Hector, Achilles, Menelaus, Priam, Agamemnon and all the others from the Iliad and Odyssey all my life how amazing to see Troy and bring them to life! Only criticism is I wish our guide at Troy would have linked areas of the site to specific parts of the myth. I would definitely take other tours with Viator.
Incredible tour, a little long if you only go for the day but well worth it. Would say to go early 2016 as they are currently building a huge meseum and are beginning to excavate again next year.
Such lovely tour guides too!
Of great historical significance, expertly guided and explained!
The tour took 14 hours with about 1.5 or 2 hours at Troy. It was well worth it. The minibus was spacious and comfortable. The tour guide to troy picked us up before we boarded the ferry and brought us back to the minibus after the visit in Troy. The tour guide to Troy knew a lot about the dfferent archeological opinions concerning Troy, which was interesting and informative.
I had an amazing guide and an amazing trip. The guide was well versed and very knowledgeable about the topic at hand. A heads up though, it is a long drive to get there, and in the winter it does get very cold.
This your was very well organized and guide was fantastic. The driver was very good and very enjoyable.
The tour was very good. It is a long day, because Troy is a long way from Istanbul, but it was well worth the effort!