- Day trip to Troy from Istanbul by luxury coach
- Enjoy a seafood lunch in the coastal town of Eceabat
- Travel by ferry from Eceabat to Canakkale, and then visit the UNESCO-listed archaeological site of Troy
- Walk around the ruins of Troy with your guide and hear tales of the Trojan War
- Visit the wooden Trojan Horse statue before returning to Istanbul
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
After your two-course lunch in one of the town’s best seafood restaurants – Liman – hop on board a ferry for the 20-minute crossing to Canakkale. From here, the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Troy is a short coach ride away.
Easily one of the world’s most famous archaeological sites, Troy dates back nearly 4,000 years and is said to signify the first contact between Anatolia and the Mediterranean countries. On a 1-hour walking tour around the site, your guide will talk about Troy’s history and its development as a series of settlements. Learn how it started as a Bronze Age dwelling, survived a Balkan invasion, was rejuvenated during Greek and Roman rules, and even a had stint as a Byzantine town before falling into a state of ruin.
Hear tales of the Trojan War – an important Greek mythological story – and learn about the Trojan prince (Paris) who ran away with Zeus’ daughter (Helen) and thus sparked the 10-year war. After exploring the ruins, visit the wooden Trojan Horse that symbolizes the town and the Trojan War before returning to Istanbul.
This is an amazing tour. Breakfast and lunch included. Our tour guide was very informative about the site and will be joining the next site excavation. Please view this site with a tour guide because you will need to understand the historical artifacts that you are witnessing.