- 1.5-hour whirling dervish performance in Istanbul
- Enjoy a drink and some Turkish delight as the show starts
- Watch the UNESCO-listed ceremonial dance inside the Hodjapasha Dance Theater
- Be captivated as the semazens dance and chant their way around the stage
- Listen to traditional Persian and Turkish music from a live orchestra
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Linda K Australia
Very good , I loved it , it is well worth seeing .
I recommand it.
A very impressive ceremony. Definitely worth the cultural experience in an historical setting.
Except for the fact that we once again were dropped off in the wrong place by taxi drivers in Istanbul, this show was delightful! I would certainly recommend it to anyone, and would go see it again!
Went last night it was a unique experience, we had a good half hour of the Dervishes dancing and the music was different but enjoyable. I'm pleased I went.
This tour was amazing!
We loved the whirling dervish show after we found the theater. The theater was tucked away on a small street several streets removed from the main throughfare in the area. Precise directions to the theater from some landmark such as the Aya Sophia church would have been nice. The performance was mesmerizing and we enjoyed it and the accompanying music very much.
Make sure you get good directions! We walked for nearly an hour trying to find it! Not for children. This is a spiritual observance and is not a show. No photography and applause is not appropriate. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Time for dinner afterwards.
The tour was excellent! And the guide just perfect! Highly recommended!