- Half-day private shore excursion to Pompeii from Salerno
- Explore the ancient Roman city of Pompeii, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and learn about the famous Mt Vesuvius volcanic eruption
- See fascinating places such as the Forum, the Thermal Baths and the Lupanare brothel with your expert guide
- Private tour ensures a personalized experience, with flexibility to explore at your own pace
- Port pickup and drop-off included
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
As you wander the streets with your guide you’ll learn about the well-preserved buildings that surround you and gain a deeper insight and understanding into the culture, history and architecture of the place. Enjoy a typical Italian lunch (own expense) and then journey to the Thermal Baths, the Forum and other key city structures.
Our tour guide was a native Pompeiian and knew everything one could possibly know about the city's history. Definitely worthwhile!
This tour was very interesting. We were all shocked about the size of Pompeii. Our guide was excellent - she really knew her stuff and made it very interesting.
The actual tour of Pompeii with our private tour guide was amazing! She was very personable,extremely knowledgable about the history and archaelogical details of the site and provided us with an extremely well organized tour which is so important when you have limited time to tour. I would rate the tour guide on her own a 5 star! My overall rating of 3 stars was due to the fact that our driver did not speak any English and was not very personable and the lunch included was not very good (poor service and poor quality food). GIven the chance to arrange a tour again I would have skipped the lunch and added in an excursion to one of the small seaside beach towns nearby.