- Izmir Half-Day Sightseeing Tour
- Wander through Ancient Agora
- Visit the ruins of Alexander the Great's Castle
- Explore the Archeological Museum home to many Greek and Roman artifacts and the Ethnographic Museum displaying local arts and crafts
- English-speaking local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
Izmir's Ancient Agora was once a bustling Roman bazaar and today you can still see Colonnades of Corinthian columns, vaulted chambers and a reconstructed arch making it one of the best preserved Agoras in the world.
The ruins of Alexander the Great's Castle, Kadifekale (meaning "the velvet castle" in Turkish), sits atop a hill overlooking the city below.
Visit the Archaeology Museum containing many Greek and Roman artifacts. Be sure to take a look at the head of a gigantic statue of Domitian that once stood at Ephesus.
This old stone building houses colorful displays of local arts and crafts and you can learn about pottery, embroidery wood-block printing. You can even see how they make those little blue and white 'evil eye' beads, a craft dating back hundreds of years.
Wander through Ancient Agora
Visit the ruins of Alexander the Great's Castle
Explore the Archeological Museum home to many Greek and Roman artifacts and Ethnographic Museum displaying local arts and crafts