Introductory offer! Book before September 31, 2013, and save up to 41% on the recommended retail rate
- Private day trip to Pushkar from Jaipur
- Explore one of the oldest cities and most important pilgrimage sites in India
- Learn about traditional Hindu practices on a tour of Brahma Temple, one of India’s most prominent Hindu temples
- Enjoy an authentic Indian lunch at a local restaurant
- Witness pilgrims praying and taking a holy bath in Pushkar Lake, considered the holiest lake in the country
- Have the chance to participate in a puja ritual: a religious offering to Hindu deities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by private, air-conditioned vehicle included
What You Can Expect
When you arrive, visit Brahma Temple, dating back to the 14th century. From the outside, notice the marble and stone construction and see its distinct shikhara (red pinnacle). Enter the temple with your guide and see the holy life-size image of Brahma, with four hands and four faces, each oriented in a different direction.
At midday, depending on your sightseeing schedule, your guide will take you to a local restaurant to enjoy an authentic Indian lunch.
Next, walk to nearby Pushkar Lake and learn how it’s considered the holiest lake in the country. Your guide will tell you how it serves as a bathing spot during Kartik Purnima, a Hindu holiday celebrating a full moon, where devotees come to cleanse themselves of their sins.
Here, you may see pilgrims taking a ceremonial bath prior to entering the Brahma Temple. On the banks of the lake, you may also witness a traditional puja ritual, a religious ritual performed by Hindus as an offering to various deities. If you wish, you may participate in this ritual with the help of your guide for a truly immersive experience.
After your private tour, you’ll return to your Jaipur hotel in the evening.