- Motorcycle and sidecar tour with professional driver, from Jasper
- Choose the length and destination of your itinerary for an unforgettable motorcycle tour on a Harley Davidson
- Visit some of the most scenic spots in Jasper, such as Medicine Lake, Maligne Canyon, Maligne Lake and Athabasca Falls
- Soak in hot pools fed by natural thermal water at Miette Hot Springs, set in the remote Fiddle Valley (if option chosen)
- Take a shorter tour if time is tight, seeing the lakes, vista points and scenic mountain roads just outside Jasper
- Feel confident with a professonal driver, provided safety gear and seating choice: behind the driver or in the sidecar
- Enjoy plenty of stops throughout your tour to take photos, switch places on the motorcycle, and stretch your legs
What You Can Expect
Your expert guide will provide information about the history and sights around the Jasper region, while making sure that you are comfortable throughout the tour. You’ll visit stunning destinations, with great views of wildlife and mountain scenery during the open-air motorcycle ride. Stop regularly for photos, stretch breaks and switching seats on the motorcycle.
Any of the tours can be combined to make a custom itinerary. Please discuss the options with your guide when you arrive, based on the following routes. Your guide will try to accommodate your route preference depending on conditions and the time frame you choose.
Choose from two options for a shorter ride:
Marmot Basin Road – Ride up the winding mountain road to Marmot Basin Road where you take in stunning views of the Athabasca Valley.
Jasper Lakes – Cruise around the outskirts of Jasper for photo ops of lakes and vista points with gorgeous scenery.
Choose from three options:
Athabasca Falls – Motor along the scenic and less-traveled highway 93A to Athabasca Falls. During a stop at the magnificent falls, you can take an easy walk across a foot bridge to reach the viewing platforms. Be amazed at the beauty of these falls and the enormous rush of water that cascades into the gorge.
Maligne Canyon and Medicine Lake – Enjoy the ride to Maligne Canyon, and then take a short walk across two bridges that span a 165 foot (50m) deep gorge, and view the waterfalls crashing into the canyon below. Then get back on the Harley and continue along a thrilling cliffside road that takes you to Medicine Lake, known for ‘vanishing’ every year! Dramatic mountain and forest landscape surrounds you as you drive.
Mount Edith Cavell – Twist up numerous switchbacks on an 11-mile (17 km) road up Mount Edith Cavell, a major peak in the Rockies. The road takes you close to the mountain's North Face, an area famous for moraines, alpine flowers, Cavell Meadows, and spectacular views of the Angel Glacier. (Not available during seasonal road closures).
Choose from two options:
Maligne Lake – You’ll travel along Maligne Road, famous for pristine scenery and wildlife sightings, with a stop at Maligne Canyon and Medicine Lake before continuing along the torrential Maligne River to Maligne Lake, the second largest glacier-fed lake in the world. You’ll have time to enjoy a snack or beverage (own expense) at a lakeside restaurant with a viewing deck that overlooks the biggest lake in the Canadian Rockies!
Miette Hot Springs – Wind through the wild Fiddle Valley to a remote hot spring nestled in the mountains. A small development boasts two hot pools fed by the hot springs, two cool pools, a restaurant and gift shop. Have time for a dip in the waters or enjoy a tasty snack on the outdoor patio (food and entrance fees at own expense) and take in the spectacular scenery and wildlife of the area.