- Full-day shore excursion from Ashdod Port to Jerusalem and the Dead Sea
- Visit the Mount of Olives and explore the different quarters that comprise Jerusalem's Old City
- See much-revered Jerusalem attractions including the Western Wall, Via Dolorosa and the Muslim bazaar
- Travel through the Judean Desert to the northern shores of the Dead Sea
- Float in the Dead Sea waters and bathe in therapeutic mud at leisure
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Stretch your legs on a walk, ambling along the old Byzantine main road, and stop to admire the Western Wall, nicknamed the ‘wailing wall’ after the worshipers who use it as an open-air synagogue. Soak up the atmosphere and continue through the Jewish quarter to the Christian quarter for a walk along the Via Dolorosa. The road was once an important pilgrimage route for Christian visitors, believed to mark the way to the site of Jesus’ crucifixion at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
Enjoy a break for lunch (own expense), and then wander away from the Christian quarter to check out the Muslim bazaar, a bustling place where Hebron glass and Armenian pottery knickknacks are sold alongside spices and coffee. Browse the stalls with your guide, and then leave Jerusalem for your journey through the Judean Desert to the Dead Sea – roughly an hour away.
Stop at the northern coast, and head inside one of the Dead Sea resorts to swim and float in the mineral-rich waters at leisure. Marking the lowest point on the face of the Earth, the impressive stretch of water is fed by a collection of incoming rivers that gush in to its land-locked shores. As the waters have nowhere to flow on to, they evaporate and leave behind a rich concentration of natural salt that attributes to the Dead Sea’s famous buoyancy.
After floating on the water and enjoying the therapeutic mud, meet your guide and return to Ashdod Port where your day trip finishes.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to Ashod Port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.