- Full-day private shore excursion to Jerusalem from Haifa Port
- Admire views of the Dome of the Rock from the Mount of Olives
- Explore the Garden of Gethsemane and visit the Church of All Nations
- Stop to see the crowds of worshipers at Jerusalem’s Western Wall
- Walk around the different quarters of Jerusalem’s Old City, and explore the pilgrimage route of Via Dolorosa
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Hop back on board your coach and travel through Kidron Valley to stop for a walk through the Garden of Gethsemane, where Jesus was said to have prayed before his crucifixion. Visit the garden’s Church of All Nations and hear how the eye-catching structure was built using funds from 12 different countries.
Travel around Mount Zion, and head into Jerusalem’s Old City, passing along its Armenian and Jewish quarters on the way to the famous Western Wall, a site nicknamed the ‘wailing wall’ after the vast crowds of worshipers who congregate in front of it to pray. After soaking up the atmosphere, pass along the Old City’s Byzantine main road, and then continue to Via Dolorosa. The road was once an important pilgrimage route for Christian visitors, believed to mark the way to the site of Jesus’ crucifixion at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
After a break for lunch (own expense), take a walk through Jerusalem’s Christian and Muslim quarters and stop at the Muslim bazaar, a bustling place where Hebron glass and Armenian pottery knickknacks are sold alongside spices and coffee. After browsing the stalls with your guide and soaking up the hectic atmosphere, leave the Old City for a brief tour of the New City – seeing street musicians playing on Jaffa Road and lively cafes spilling onto the road.
Return to your minibus, and then finish your shore excursion with a port drop-off at Haifa Port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Haifa port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.