- Full-day shore excursion to Jerusalem and Bethlehem from Haifa Port
- Visit the Mount of Olives as well as the Western Wall and Via Dolorosa in Jerusalem's Old City
- Explore Jerusalem's Old City by foot and browse the stalls at the colorful Muslim bazaar
- Travel to the holy town of Bethlehem and stroll around Manger Square on a walking tour
- Head inside Bethlehem's Milk Grotto, the Church of St Catherine and the Greek Orthodox church
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Travel through Kidron Valley, past the monumental burial tombs at the Garden of Gethsemane – where Jesus was said to have prayed before his crucifixion – to the walls of the Armenian quarter of Jerusalem’s Old City.
Stretch your legs on a walk, ambling along the old Byzantine main road, and stop to admire the Western Wall, nicknamed the ‘wailing wall’ after the vast crowds of worshipers who use it as an open-air synagogue. Soak up the atmosphere and continue through the Jewish quarter to the Christian quarter for a walk along the Via Dolorosa. The road was once an important pilgrimage route for Christian visitors, believed to mark the way to the site of Jesus’ crucifixion at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
Wander away from the Christian quarter and check out the Muslim bazaar, a bustling place where Hebron glass and Armenian pottery knickknacks are sold alongside spices and coffee. Browse the stalls with your guide and soak up the colorful atmosphere, before leaving Jerusalem for Bethlehem – roughly half an hour away.
The hub of activity in the holy town is Manger Square, a sacred site that’s flanked by the Church of the Nativity and the Mosque of Oman – two important places of worship for Bethlehem’s different religions. Stroll around Manger Square to see the places of significance from nativity stories, such as the Milk Grotto where the Virgin Mary was said to have nursed the baby Jesus. Visit the Roman Catholic Church of St Catherine as well as the town’s ornate Greek Orthodox Church, and then travel north to Haifa Port where your shore excursion finishes.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Haifa port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.