- Full-day guided walking tour of Christian Jerusalem
- Follow the footsteps of Jesus from the Mount of Olive to Via Dolorosa, an important pilgrimage route
- Hear biblical stories and little-known tales about Jesus and his life in the city
- Visit the Church of All Nations near the Garden of Gethsemane and the Jewish cemetery in Kidron Valley
- Enter Jerusalem Old City to stop for photos at the Pool of Bethesda and Convent of the Sisters of Zion
- See the start point of the Via Dolorosa, from where Jesus is said to have walked to his crucifixion
- Round-trip transport from centrally located Jerusalem hotels included
What You Can Expect
Often referred to in the New Testament, the Mount of Olives provided the setting for countless biblical tales. On a stroll down its slopes, stop to visit places mentioned in such tales such as Dominus Flevit Church, where Jesus is said to have wept as he predicted the destruction of Jerusalem.
At the foot of the Mount of Olives, head inside the Roman Catholic Church of All Nations (Basilica of the Agony) near the Garden of Gethsemane. Built on the foundations of two historical churches, the present-day place of worship was built with funds from several different nations, attesting to its name. See a series of mosaics depicting Christ, and learn about the stone shrine — enclosed within the church — where Jesus is believed to have prayed on the night he was arrested.
Pass through the Jewish cemetery in Kidron Valley, and then enter the history-steeped Old City through Lion’s Gate. Enjoy a break for lunch at your own expense, and then meet back up with your guide to continue your tour. Stop for photos by the Pool of Bethesda, a landmark described in the Gospel of St John, and visit the Crusader St Anne Church, built on the supposed birthplace of the mother of the Virgin Mary, Anne.
Take a walk past the Convent of the Sisters of Zion, and note an ancient pavement engraved with games played by Roman soldiers in bygone days. The convent marks the start point of Via Dolorosa, the important Christian pilgrimage route where Jesus is said to have walked, carrying his cross, to his crucifixion.
After taking photos and chatting to your guide about the religious site, return to your coach and finally, finish your tour with a drop-off at your Jerusalem hotel.
It was an amazing experience with a personable and knowledgeable guide. His depth of knowledge, and the teaching materials he brought along enriched the experience. I enjoyed the time for prayer and moments of reflection. I did and still do feel that day!
This tour was average. While u got to see the places outside the city on the Mt of Olives(which were good), once you entered the OlD City, how do you not include in this tour the most important location the Church of the Holy Sepchulre where Jesus was crucified and buried. Guide had no explanation.